•  
Advertise here

Infiniti QX50 or Volvo XC40 or Volvo XC60?

m_abdelfattah

I want to get a new car, and I usually go for feature than performance. But I want to make sure that it won't be a hassle later, I have seen multiple cars Jaguar E-Pace, Infiniti, Volvo, and Volvo is the best when it comes to features. But I'm a bit skeptical about the after sale/services/ease of re-sale. What is your advice here?

• Like (+1) 1

I love volvos but UAE isn’t a good place to own one. Check out the price of parts. I was working on a XC a while back, I don’t remember which model, but I do remember paying 800 dhs for a set of front brake pads. I felt so bad about it that I didn’t even charge the customer a markup on them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Infiniti and Volvo is a bit of wrong match of league to start with.

Infiniti, Lexus, Jaguar goes together and Volvo, Nissan and Toyota goes together.

My personal choice will be Infiniti QX50 over Volvo XC40/60.

• Infiniti luxury and premium feel is uncomparable.
  • Infiniti (Japanese) are more reliable and well tested over EU brands in UAE.
  • XC40 is a new league of its own in compact crossover since 2018, so need more time to mature and demonstrate trustworthiness before asking for 150-200K AED.

Only downside of Infiniti will be the CVT gearing, depending on if they have fixed it well now or not.

If resale value is not your main concern, then Jaguar E-Pace makes much better choice with looks and performance.

Have you considered Lexus NX...?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

If we were living another location i wouldnt even consider Infinity over a Volvo. My Grand dad used to had a S60 2.0T, bought at 120.000km sold at 230.000km it was just amazing. In UAE, it is sad but dont even consider having a Volvo. Just move with Infinity it will be great for here. If price is not high consider also Lexus it will be even better than Infinity. 

• Like (+1) 1

What I really like about Volvo is the high-tech features (Pilot Assist) and the interior design. Infiniti's interior design is poor (especially the 2 screens), also it does not have Apple Carplay or Google Auto integration which is crazy, as I have both in my 2016 Civic and I use them all the time. While from my POV the only two features that Volvo lack are remote engine start and cooled seats!

Jaguar E-Pace has the best exterior design and the least features, again.

Edited by m_abdelfattah
  • Like (+1) 1

https://dubai.dubizzle.com/motors/used-cars/volvo/v-class/2020/4/29/volvo-v70-2015-gcc-2/?back=L21vdG9ycy91c2VkLWNhcnMvdm9sdm8v&pos=12

Seeing a T5 Volvo V70 in this price made me think of selling my car and getting one :D These are amazing cars, for this price it is like free. Only 5 years old luxury, comfortable and quite fast car for that price is not possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, sertac said:

https://dubai.dubizzle.com/motors/used-cars/volvo/v-class/2020/4/29/volvo-v70-2015-gcc-2/?back=L21vdG9ycy91c2VkLWNhcnMvdm9sdm8v&pos=

Seeing a T5 Volvo V70 in this price made me think of selling my car and getting one :D These are amazing cars, for this price it is like free. Only 5 years old luxury, comfortable and quite fast car for that price is not possible. 

148,695 KMs!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Well buying a brand new car based on a single hi-tech feature is not a good move tbh. As many times car companies, market and advertise simple features or jargons as life changing or over-dramatized features. Please make sure to test drive and test this Auto pilot feature rigorously if this is really what you are buying this car for.

Volvo auto pilot is a mix of auto lane assist + adaptive cruise control.

I have used the adaptive cruise control in my Range Rover that has a restriction of keeping a minimum of 50 meter distance to be operational, so in short I have never used it as traffic here in Dubai never leave a 50m gap between two cars. Either it was too early to be used in cars or it needed more real life adjustments to have variable speed limitation based on speed and not 50m set rule for 60 km/h or 120 km/h.

Also as Sertac shared a 2015 Volvo V70 (110K, when new) for 18,500 AED in May 2020 clearly shows a very big drop in resale value (30% YoY) of Volvo, even after 148k km. You wouldn't find this steep depreciation in Japanese (Lexus and Infiniti) purely because, they are tried, tested and successful in the UAE weather. Even the German and US cars have lot of trouble after 5 years of UAE heat from fading switches, knobs to falling headliner, breaking all plastic and rubber inside and outside the car etc.

If your heart is set at Volvo, then surely go for it but if not then there are plenty other good contenders. Take your time and research wisely.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 hours ago, m_abdelfattah said:

148,695 KMs!! 

If that car wont tick 400.000km with original engine, i dont know anything about cars. Also the car i said i am thinking to change with this one is 227.500km now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anything with a Nissan/Infiniti badge and a CVT gearbox in it. Run as far away as you can from it.

But it seems like your mind is pretty much made up on the Volvo, in that case go for it. Great cars and a great drive but expect expensive maintenance and resale at the price of dirt.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use