•  
Advertise here

Infiniti QX50 or Volvo XC40 or Volvo XC60?

m_abdelfattah

17 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Anything with a Nissan/Infiniti badge and a CVT gearbox in it. Run as far away as you can from it.

But it seems like your mind is pretty much made up on the Volvo, in that case go for it. Great cars and a great drive but expect expensive maintenance and resale at the price of dirt.

LOL! If I will run away from Infiniti and make Volvo my 2nd choice, what should be my first choice? With the range AED 150-190k? The full options of the Lexus NX is 230k!

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, m_abdelfattah said:

LOL! If I will run away from Infiniti and make Volvo my 2nd choice, what should be my first choice? With the range AED 150-190k? The full options of the Lexus NX is 230k!

I never said that, on the contrary I said seems like you've already made up your mind up on the Volvo so go for it, Just understand what you are getting into.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, m_abdelfattah said:

Well good you share the budget now and if you can share few more details, that can help even more.

Why you are buying compact SUV, in first place for 190K?

• Fuel constraint?
  • Space constraint?
  • Vehicle size constraint?

If it fits your current requirement, then by all means go for it. I'm just asking.

Is this going to be a family vehicle or commute or both?

Is this going to be the first or second household vehicle?

Any family extension plan in near future?

How soon you plan to change it next?

Ignore this if this doesn't apply:

• Hope you know most of these compact SUV arent even good for beach sand, let alone the real off-road.
  • Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Why you are buying compact SUV, in first place for 190K?
   Just to change, and self reward/compensation :) !

Is this going to be a family vehicle or commute or both?
Both!

Is this going to be the first or second household vehicle?
Second, the current one is Honda Civic EX 2016, and we love it!

Any family extension plan in near future?
One/Two children?!

How soon you plan to change it next?
4-5 years

Hope you know most of these compact SUV aren't even good for beach sand, let alone the real off-road.
For me Secret beach every couple of weeks is the max.

• Like (+1) 1

@m_abdelfattah

- With that budget, I assume you can get a new car or a pre-owned at a certified dealer. If it comes with a good service package/ deal/ warranty, I would just go for the car with the highest resale value. (based on ownership of 5 years)

- Will the car be parked inside or outside? I know from my colleagues that owned Volvo xc90's and parked their cars outside, they had a lot of problems due to the heat. 

Good luck.

• Like (+1) 1

Spot on @Xaf, same I was about to suggest, but been busy today.

So @m_abdelfattah you have below options and see what best suit your taste (heart) & wallet (mind), place in same order from heart - mind. Hope it helps.

1. Buy same Volvo if your heart is set on it or on some feature - self reward is priceless.
  2. Buy 6-12 month old Lexus NX - (F Sport Platinum) Full option
  3. Buy new Lexus NX - Platinum
  4. Buy 1-2 year old Lexus RX - Flagship model and will have more bells and whistle and will hold insane resale value.
  5. Buy 1-2 year old Lexus GX - If you plan to add bit of off-road in the future + suffice for future family expansion.
  6. Buy new Prado - If you plan to add good mix of work and exploring off-road in the future + suffice for future family expansion.

Few other tips for new car buyer, if you hold your first year temptation, you can easily shave 20-30% off the ticket price and you can def find sweet deal these day which are 6-12 months old.

Secondly, if car residual value is not an issue -  Choose German, UK, EU cars in UAE. If resale value is a concern then best is to stick to Japanese boys and second best is US.

@desertdude I "heard" that in 2018 Nissan and Infiniti fixed the CVT issue after those class action lawsuits in US, but still if someone interested in buying Infiniti, they need to do thorough check and research over last two year faulty claims all around the globe.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 hours ago, m_abdelfattah said:

The other question, can I negotiate with Volvo and get a better price or a better offer? or no way I can get anything than the advertised price?!

Habibi.....

Always, always there is something possible, take your wife with you, play good cop bad cop, let her tell you that the price is too high. It is a show/ art.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, m_abdelfattah said:

The other question, can I negotiate with Volvo and get a better price or a better offer? or no way I can get anything than the advertised price?!

Why you not considering getting almost new second hand one. You can negotiate more and your resale loss will be lesser. There are many low km almost new Volvo`s around.  

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use