•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Newbie Desert Drive - 15 May - AM - Al Qudra

Srikumar

2 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

What a pleasure to be able to read your trip report again @Wrangeld. Really took me to the soft stuff and now I am craving it even more.

Where have you been ! Hope you well !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@J J just not the right time for me. Every time I want to join something goes wrong. Unfortunately i am dealing with a family emergency and will be back to the sands as soon as all is in place for me.

• Like (+1) 5

@Vanessa8580 It was so nice to see you driving, after all this time... and to see how much you became confident as an off-roader ! Even with the big Pajero. I saw you doing very nice sideys as I was just in front of you in the convoy. Impressive ! Forget about the stuck, we all have been there — and we will always enjoy a good sand shower from time to time !  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Thank you @Emmanuel ! Always nice to read such comments from an experienced driver ! I love off-roading and I enjoy every drive. I was happy to finally be able to do a drive in the same convoy as you ! I am looking forward to join a drive with you as a lead 😁

• Like (+1) 4

On 5/12/2020 at 9:01 AM, RohanH said:

1. Please see the images (1 to 4) of bracket attached to rear door edge. I don't know what is the name of this bracket. Also attached the shop visiting card.

I am not sure it will survive or not. But giving a try as pole which I have purchased is pretty slim and very much lighter than the one available in ACE. 

.There is 1 more cheapest solution which I found out yesterday in ACE. I have seen the parts but not tried it fixing to my car. May be I will try it if my existing bracket dosen't work.

There are U Bolts and various angle connect's available in any hardware. See picture 5 & 6.  Which can be connected to roof rack or door handle. Need to choose the U Bolt which is matching the size of handle or roof rack. Also choose the suitable connect which can be easily fixed to U Bolt screw. Once these are connected and fixed it handle or roof rack then we can anytime attached or remove the flag pole to it. 

P.S. I didn't thought that how will it look like on our beautiful cars. Surely it wont look good.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

Hello Everyone, Please see this simple arrangement to hold the flag pole. Its the cheapest one. It made by using the U bolt and an angle. I am sure it will hold the flag properly. It is less than 10 AED. There are flag pole and flag available at 50 AED in dragon mart. Please see the shop photo It is just opposite the S & D shop mentioned earlier by Frederic. The flag is light weight and very slim. It is 2 mtr/6.5 ft.So total cost will be less than 60 aed for all this. Please see photos below. The spring in photo comes with Flag pole. I had fixed this to U bolt and angle so I can just screw and unscrew the flag pole. Hope it will help

Screenshot_20200521-221756_Gallery[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200521-221659_Gallery[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200521-221721_Gallery[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200521-221744_Gallery[1].jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use