•  
Advertise here

Right Engine Oil for Nissan Xterra

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

@Anish S you need to see the grade of oil considering the ambient temperature. For this time of the year 15W-40 is the recommended grade for your Pajeros. You can reconfirm with your owner's manual.

The Shell off-road warrior oil doesn't cover this range, so it's of not much use to you. 

Thank you @Srikumar. I got the below information from the manual and i wanted to know what is the most appropriate oil and viscosity for the UAE weather and the extreme usage since we use the car for off roading as well. 

IMG_20200824_220828~2.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

I would say go with 15W-40 fully synthetic oil from a reputable company like Shell, Total, Castrol, Mobil, etc. And since you are doing 2 drives every weekend, get the oil and filter changed in intervals of 5000 km instead of 10000 km.

The best is for you to buy the oil and original Mitsubishi filter and go-to any garage who will charge between AED 20-30 to get it replaced. You would need about 5-6 litres of oil for each change, so buy 2 gallons the first time and from the next 2-3 oil changes  you will need to buy one gallon only.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

You can and should get 10W-40 fully synthetic in Castrol, Shell, Total but you cant get one in Mobil 1 as they have 0W30 in fully synthetic range.

15W40 hard to get as its mostly used in bikes.

Your desert warrior oil, seems pretty good with 1000 C reference, although hard to believe it as I have never heard any engine oil that can withstand beyond 250 C (500 F) even from hi-end royal purple, Redline motor racing engine oil. So it could be some marketing jargon and require proper reading of what 1000 C reference shell actually meant.

10W40 from Redline is for 295 AED in Amazon.

Remember DO NOT BUY mineral, semi synth and blended products as for high temperature off road use fully synthetic is bare minimum. Little plus minus with spec as per your Pajero owner manual is acceptable.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

After using the Protec Extreme 5W40 over the last year, I’ve switched to Mobile one 5W40 and noticed the valve lifter ticking disappeared. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

17 hours ago, Gaurav said:

You can and should get 10W-40 fully synthetic in Castrol, Shell, Total but you cant get one in Mobil 1 as they have 0W30 in fully synthetic range.

Hi @Gaurav i have changed to Mobil 1 engine oil two weeks before as per your advice, its bit costlier but i could feel the difference in engine noise and no over heating in off roading. Thank you. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you so much @Srikumar, @Gaurav, @Frederic @Shiju Manuel....for the recommendations and advices which helped me to clear my confusion and  to get a better idea which engine to get.

Other than the engine oil, since it will be 120K service, i am planning to also change the gear box oil, differential oil, transfer box oil and the coolant...For these consumables i was thinking to get it from Al Habtoor.....Any recommendation will be highly appreciated.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Anish S said:

Other than the engine oil, since it will be 120K service, i am planning to also change the gear box oil, differential oil, transfer box oil and the coolant...For these consumables i was thinking to get it from Al Habtoor.....Any recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Yes please, buy all these fluids and filter from Habtoor - ONLY. 

They arent expensive and slight up and down with spec or duplicacy (possibility) can cost you fortune and inconvenience in offroad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.