•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Badayer - Sharjah - 22 May 2020

Gaurav

Thank you @Xaf @Chaitanya D @Denizzalbayrak @Colin Jordan for clicking on totally agree on the main drive post. 

@Rinelle Sanaani @Mels Wolf @Desert Dweller @Martin. @Pancho @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Lucky sAm @Rahimdad

PLEASE READ THE MAIN DRIVE POST FULLY AND CLICK ON TOTALLY AGREE (Reaction).

Radio Channel: Channel 1 - set at 446.006'25 frequency.

Convoy Numbering:

1. Gaurav– Crew - Silver Mitsubishi Pajero SWB
  2. Chaitanya D - Fewbie - White Nissan Patrol Y62
  3. Mels Wolf - Fewbie - Brown Mitsubishi Pajero
  4. Denizzalbayrak - Fewbie - Black Chevrolet Trailblazer
  5. Jorge Stepniak Felippe -Fewbie - Grey Landrover LR4
  6. Rinelle Sanaani - Fewbie - Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
  7. Xaf - Intermediate - White Land Cruiser
  8. Pancho  Fewbie - Red Jeep Wrangler SWB
  9. Lucky sAm - White Nissan Patrol Y62
  10. Colin Jordan - Orange Jeep Wrangler
  11. Rahimdad - Crew - Brown Nissan Pathfinder
  12. Desert Dweller - Fewbie - White Nissan Xterra

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

15 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Thank you @Xaf @Chaitanya D @Denizzalbayrak @Colin Jordan for clicking on totally agree on the main drive post. 

@Rinelle Sanaani @Mels Wolf @Desert Dweller @Martin. @Pancho @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Lucky sAm @Rahimdad

PLEASE READ THE MAIN DRIVE POST FULLY AND CLICK ON TOTALLY AGREE (Reaction).

Radio Channel: Channel 1 - set at 446.006'25 frequency.

Convoy Numbering:

1. Gaurav– Crew - Silver Mitsubishi Pajero SWB
  2. Chaitanya D - Fewbie - White Nissan Patrol Y62
  3. Mels Wolf - Fewbie - Brown Mitsubishi Pajero
  4. Denizzalbayrak - Fewbie - Black Chevrolet Trailblazer
  5. Jorge Stepniak Felippe -Fewbie - Grey Landrover LR4
  6. Rinelle Sanaani - Fewbie - Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
  7. Xaf - Intermediate - White Land Cruiser
  8. Pancho  Fewbie - Red Jeep Wrangler SWB
  9. Lucky sAm - White Nissan Patrol Y62
  10. Colin Jordan - Orange Jeep Wrangler
  11. Rahimdad - Crew - Brown Nissan Pathfinder
  12. Desert Dweller - Fewbie - White Nissan Xterra

I have to pull out of today's drive as something urgent has come up and unfortunately I will be unable to attend. Hope to see you all next week. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kalahari said:

Hi @Gaurav, I had a drive this morning already, but if there is nobody else on the waiting list that can make it, the I am happy to take Chaitanya’s place?

I envy you 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Kalahari said:

Hi @Gaurav, I had a drive this morning already, but if there is nobody else on the waiting list that can make it, the I am happy to take Chaitanya’s place?

Most welcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Trip Report - what a bag of mixed feeling starting up for the drive.  It’s almost 2 months since my previous drive and being locked down in the house with only time out for grocery shopping or a hospital visit. Either ways there was so much nervous energy and the first block in my path was the Bidayer area being completely dug up. As I reached close to our meeting point the area was all dug up and I had to go back to the bridge and come again to the right spot. My second attempt was successful and it was a pleasure to see everybody reach on time and deflating.

as I started to deflate there were a few quick hellos exercised with caution for the respect of rules set for Social distancing. This set my mind to some peace, but it was hot. In normal situations we are more into night drives which are cooler. As we finished deflating the voice of @Gaurav bhai carried instructions for the drive and lots of reassurance. With that we were handed our convoy position for the drive.

it was @Desert Dweller first time as sweep, did she manage to impress, read on to find out. As expected the sand was soft, but for many who started driving in the winters when sand was hard had an experience of the softer sands which had baked all day under the sun, @Gaurav bhai tried to lower the level and we would have a great quick run, but as soon as we would encounter a soft medium dune we would eventually get a stuck or a refusal.

With every stuck and refusal we were challenged and it came with a lesson for all of us, by now my excitement was in total positive note and I had no doubt observing such a civilised crowd to follow each and every instruction as told. just towards the end of the drive and thankfully close to the fence @Denizzalbayrak car started heating up. The  we decision was for me to lead out everybody with @Desert Dweller as my sweep, while @Gaurav and @Xaf would help @Denizzalbayrak with his dilemma.

As we rode through the track to the Tawi Nizwa shops we were lucky to see an Oryx. After a few quick clicks we were on our way out. I was again pleasantly surprised to see everybody parked at a safe distance following the rules set to combat the Current situation. As we inflated we saw @Gaurav bhai and @Xaf ride out and join us for inflation. The Chevy Trail blazer was missing and as I later found out was fur to time constraints. As I headed out and back home, I had to break my fast on my way, lucky for me, my wife had packed some goodies for me.

All in all a wonderful drive with law abiding citizens and long awaited comeback for me. I would like to thank you all for a warm welcome back, specially the weather. Around 6 pm while inflating a realisation crept in as to how we have to go back home at the cooler time e we hen we should be starting the drive practically. And no I have not forgotten, I was keeping one eye on our @Desert Dweller and she did an awesome job at sweeping. Well done, amazing to see you learn and grow, looking forward to one of our First Lady Marshal in Carnity if she’s not the first girl there.

i have posted my pictures in the Gallery so enjoy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use