•  
Advertise here

Fix Nissan Patrol Y62 bumper or buy a used Jeep wrangler?

Hi @Zed depending on the age of your jeep and the amount you spend on mods, the more interesting your ride will be. We started with a stock jeep - which frankly is still within the limit of what I can do as a driver at the moment. In fact, I am quite sure that actually the Jeep still has a lot more to give until my driving catches up and I think about making changes. 

In the end, however, this is a weekend warrior vehicle. In some respects, I am with @sertac If this Jeep is damaged (and the passengers) are fine, so be it. I will mourn, but it's not going to impact my life beyond having to buy another weekend warrior. 

In the end, it's about why you are out in the desert. For some people, comfort is an important factor even in throwing the car around in the sand, but if you are cleaning out hte sand on Friday afternoon because you don't want it in the car, it's likely that it's not the car for driving: For sure, if you aspire to the 'heroics' in the videos you shared, your risk of damage increases exponentially and I would not want to have to worry about scratching the car instead of whether I am navigating the sand. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

Thanks @Gaurav and @Wrangeld  for clearing up the Jeep's reality distortion field 😄 ,

I think it's clear now, time to go bargain hunting, this looks like a good deal ☺️ https://www.offroad-zone.com/product/jeep-wrangler-tj-2006-sport-gcc/ 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Zed said:

Thanks @Gaurav and @Wrangeld  for clearing up the Jeep's reality distortion field 😄 ,

I think it's clear now, time to go bargain hunting, this looks like a good deal ☺️ https://www.offroad-zone.com/product/jeep-wrangler-tj-2006-sport-gcc/ 

Seems like a nice Jeep but 30.000 is a lot of money for that if you ask me. Now we are end of the season, you should be able to get much  better price for a TJ. I can say a TJ should be around 15.000-22.000AED price range. If it is in immaculate condition than you can consider giving 25.000AED. Of course this is just my idea. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, sertac said:

Seems like a nice Jeep but 30.000 is a lot of money for that if you ask me. Now we are end of the season, you should be able to get much  better price for a TJ. I can say a TJ should be around 15.000-22.000AED price range. If it is in immaculate condition than you can consider giving 25.000AED. Of course this is just my idea. 

I am with @sertac on this price. It's 10k too high. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zed said:

There are more even cheaper and stock , in good conditions. But the problem is they are not coming down on price. I would say a stock TJ in good condition should cost you a max 20k. Nothing more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1