•  
Advertise here

Off Road Car Decision Jeep 2006TJ or 2008 JK

1 hour ago, Janarthan said:

Thats Right Rahmin, will definitely try to negotiate. 

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

@Janarthan if really only 140k driven than 9k seems fair price, but remember it is 17 years old car and requires so.e maintenance so try to bargain and bring down the price close to 6 or 7 k after you like it. Any amount saved is extra cash in your pocket for repairs and mods.

But wanted know . If we can get all spares for this car since it’s a old car. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

2003 Pathfinder is a very good choice. Go for 3.5 that is more capable than 3.3 as you intend to use it in sand, so the more power is highly recommended.

@Fuad I think has 3.5, please comment on pricing if you think this 9K for 140k driven seems fine.

As per 17 years old age 140k is quiet a low mileage (if its real and not reversed). Check it properly.

Go thru these bunch of car buying advices to search, inspect and buy used cars.

https://carnity.com/advice/car-buying/

Price is a bit high, it will be good if its between 6-7k. I personally suggest for 2004/2005 model as 2003 has ECU and Maf sensor problem. You need to change it frequently if you are using it as a desert toy.Make sure that you have the metal Maf sensor as it withstands for desert drives. Plastic ones which comes before 2004 model is not reliable.

C977FBCC-950A-4277-9DCD-3C6A1FB86541.jpeg

8BA4B433-E77C-48AA-9E87-75A3209CAC16.jpeg

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Fuad said:

Price is a bit high, it will be good if its between 6-7k. I personally suggest for 2004/2005 model as 2003 has ECU and Maf sensor problem. You need to change it frequently if you are using it as a desert toy.Make sure that you have the metal Maf sensor as it withstands for desert drives. Plastic ones which comes before 2004 model is not reliable.

C977FBCC-950A-4277-9DCD-3C6A1FB86541.jpeg

8BA4B433-E77C-48AA-9E87-75A3209CAC16.jpeg

Thanks @Fuad will definitely look into it, having said that, Just found out there is 2005 model too but asking price is 13k. Any suggestion on can I do the vehicle test before buying as there is no number plate. Any engineers who can accompany me to test it. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Janarthan said:

Dubizzle just gave me an offer to do advanced testing for 400aed. Is it worth it ?

Will they send mechanic with test tool to the house for 400...?

Never heard of this before.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

21 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Hi @Gaurav yes they will be sending out an inspector to their home with all tools and also a computerised test. Will share you sample report shortly. 

24 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Attached for your reference, do let me know your views.

advanced-sample.pdf

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Janarthan said:

Dubizzle just gave me an offer to do advanced testing for 400aed. Is it worth it ?

@Janarthan Its good to do full check which dubizzle does. I think the same thing is covered in RTA comprehensive test. But I don't think its worth paying 400 AED for car which is around 5-6k. I would go to trusted garage to check which can be around 100 AED. And they will tel you what and all is required as well. Now a days even the garage people have the computer device which tests electronics and issues e.g. recently we did 1 test for Dodge charger and it said left rear tyre pressure gauge is faulty. 

I would definitely recommend comprehensive as well garage when it comes to paying higher price. ( And even checking service history in respecting car dealers service centre.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Dubizle has their own services where they do sell the car on behalf of seller and they charge for their service to seller. They do the full check up as well and Their counter is in Al Barsha RTA. And I think they have their garage behing RTA al barsha testing centre. So they charge for report if buyer wants to see it. 

All these cars comes under verified ad's. We can see mentioned as Dubizzle pro in front of that ad.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

After searching for almost 15 days, I didn’t find a good pathfinder but found a 2009 xterra but driven 370k. As per the inspection I could see the body and everything is good except the steering pump. 

your view on this car and problem it has.

Cheers,

Jana

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Janarthan said:

Dear All,

After searching for almost 15 days, I didn’t find a good pathfinder but found a 2009 xterra but driven 370k. As per the inspection I could see the body and everything is good except the steering pump. 

your view on this car and problem it has.

Cheers,

Jana

370km is a lot and would avoid it, unless you want to use the opportunity to bargain and get it for 5 or 6000 and get another engine or complete engine rebuilt and complete checkup. At least in that case you would be sure the car is again ready for the extreme work.

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."