•  

Xaf has been promoted to Advance level

Gaurav

Happy birthday and on top of that this promotion. Who said 2020 was a lost year ? 🤣

Congrats Xaf, you’re a quick learner and you understood that the more drives you do, the more experience you build up. And that includes sweeping in Newbie drives and being around for overall support. Those duties have brought you maturity and people looking up to you as a senior member and a guy that knows what he’s talking about. 

Looking forward to many more drives together !!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Happy birthday @Xaf and congratulations on your promotion. Very well deserved. I have a soft corner for Dutch people and you're part of another group we belong to, so all the more happy to have a fellow like you promoted to the Advanced level. Who better to understand getting the hours under the belt than a pilot. Very happy to see you grow and develop your skills so quickly.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hereby I want to thank everybody for the birthday wishes and what a nice birthday present to receive in your e-mail box, that is what I call a surprise.

Didn't expect the upgrade, I was enjoying the drives with helping out. When I started I was only excited for the rough stuff, but soon it became "normal". Once in a while it is excited to stretch your leg and push your car to the limit, but off-roading offers more then only going full throttle through the desert.

I found my peace with helping out the Marshalls and analysing which mistakes the new joiners make. This keeps me busy in my mind and silently I am trying to understand how these mistakes could be avoided. Still, I have a lot to learn.

The most difficult part of Off-roading is to instruct and teach others the technique and skills of this hobby. If somebody gets stuck, it might be easy in our eyes to get the car out of the situation. Many times, If we would jump behind the steering wheel, we could get the car out of it in a relative short time. But this is the art, now try to help and teach a person what he did wrong and get him/her out of the situation by him/herself. This is now my occupation and goal, how can I help others to become a better driver, I have a long way to go.

Hereby I would like to thank @Rahimdad @Srikumar @Gaurav @Frederic @Emmanuel for the tips and tricks and the fine tuning of my skills. Please don't underestimate these guys.

Of course also to the other members and drivers thank you for being together and having nice drives.

See you soon, Inshallah.

Xaf

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use