•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 29 May 2020

Frederic

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

Convoy LIST

Attendees                          Level                     Car                                  Pos #

Frederic                            Marshal          Mitsubishi Pajero SWB          1

Adam Marston                  Fewbie           Jeep Wrangler                        2

George Francis                Newbie           Nissan Pathfinder                   3

Yousef Alimadadi             Newbie           Mitsubishi Pajero LWB            4

Foxtrot Oscar                   Newbie           Nissan Xterra                          5

Ale Vallecchi                    Advance         Toyota FJ Cruiser                    6

siddharth maheshwar       Newbie          Jeep Wrangler Unlimited         7

Nizam Deen                    Newbie           Toyota Landcruiser Prado        8

Anish S                            Fewbie            Mitsubishi Pajero LWB            9

JJ                                     Fewbie            Jeep Wrangler                       10

RohanH                           Fewbie             Mitsubishi Pajero LWB          11

Pickey Singh                   Newbie            Landrover Discovery              12

Brette                               Intermediate    Jeep Grand Cherokee          13

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Radio Frequency will be   Carnity Channel 1: 446.00625 MHz. 

Please make sure to bring your two way radio and have it set to this frequency.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

10 hours ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

Convoy LIST

Attendees                          Level                     Car                                  Pos #

Frederic                            Marshal          Mitsubishi Pajero SWB          1

Adam Marston                  Fewbie           Jeep Wrangler                        2

George Francis                Newbie           Nissan Pathfinder                   3

Yousef Alimadadi             Newbie           Mitsubishi Pajero LWB            4

Foxtrot Oscar                   Newbie           Nissan Xterra                          5

Ale Vallecchi                    Advance         Toyota FJ Cruiser                    6

siddharth maheshwar       Newbie          Jeep Wrangler Unlimited         7

Nizam Deen                    Newbie           Toyota Landcruiser Prado        8

Anish S                            Fewbie            Mitsubishi Pajero LWB            9

JJ                                     Fewbie            Jeep Wrangler                       10

RohanH                           Fewbie             Mitsubishi Pajero LWB          11

Pickey Singh                   Newbie            Landrover Discovery              12

Brette                               Intermediate    Jeep Grand Cherokee          13

Hi Fredrick, pls note I am getting my Jeep Wrangler instead of Nissan Pathfinder. Regards 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Drive Report

The morning started beautifully with a cloudy sky, and I was delighted to see my Carnity family again. Lots of fellow members that have been out of the sands for a while, but all with a hungry desire to scale the dunes and enjoy the scenery Al Qudra has to offer. 

We deflated and @Brette and @Ale Vallecchi spotted the lack of a front tow hook on @Pickey Singh his Discovery. After some googling we noticed that the bottom plastic lip needs to be removed and alas there was a big black tow hook in the center. Well spotted guys ! 

@Adam Marston was my second lead, and his calm and composed driving style gave the perfect example for the rest to follow. @George Francis could follow Adam as he came with the same/similar Black Wrangler.

We had a good mix of drivers that did some driving before and a few beginners, but the compacted sand was very forgiving so there were hardly any stucks or refusals. We did some minor sideys to practice the steering control and learn to approach and exit a dune in a smooth curve without fighting gravity. 

@Foxtrot Oscar clearly has prior off-road experience and it showed. She did amazing and I noticed she drove without hesitation to cross dunes or do slopes. Very impressive and we will definitely need to look out for her 👍

The Pajero team, @Anish S, @RohanH, @Yousef Alimadadi drove very well ! Well done guys ! 

@siddharth maheshwari @J J with the Wranglers also managed brilliantly.

@Pickey Singh was still in snooze mode in the morning. You eventually found second gear and drove well. Nicely done ! 

Having both @Brette and @Ale Vallecchi as support in my convoy is a true blessing. Their calm and patient approach to every problem gives Newbies the confidence that we will always make it out together. A big thanks for that !

We exited around 10:30 as it was starting to get a bit too hot. 
I hope everyone enjoyed it and we can look forward to many more of these relaxing cheesecake route drives 😅

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Yet another pleasant   , calm drive with hardly any refusals and maximum time driving ! The compact sand was surely making it easy to drive .. I was watching out for some loose sand to feel some tyre slips ! On our way it was also fun to watch another convoy with the almighty Jimny as their sweep - quite comical.

Overall good job everyone and great guidance from @Frederic @Ale Vallecchi @Brette..

Another small crude video below. Added few photos in the gallery too

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Our champion Fredrik,

Indeed ... a brilliant time out there today. Rightly so, a great discovery (front tow hook) in my "DISCOVERY SPORT". I added a feather in my cap ... on your expense (courtesy).

Spot On (a great Leader quality) - to catch me "napping" in the 1st. 20 mins or so. Clearly, the accumulated rust of last 2 months was visible until the 2nd. alarm (sweep car) to narrow my front car gap.

From there on, it was no looking back !!!

Buddy, the track you chose was "Simply Amazing" ... hip, hip horray !!!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use