•  
Advertise here

Flag Mounts

Jefy

As @Xaf says, a flag is as essential a piece of kit as the shovel that everyone should carry with them. For me, it's pretty simple. The flag is a safety item, it protects you and the people around you: so it's not something on which there should be any question about the investment - because if you get hit because someone does not see you, or lost because you cannot be found, the cost will be significantly higher. And, yes, it's quite frustrating stoping every 100 meters because a flay fell off. Refusals, stucks no problem, but because your flag pole is not the Burj Khalifah and became a wilted lilly: no. 

My flag is fixed on the car. Fullt time. Not that convenient when shopping or you need to put the groceries in the car - but it takes 1 second to set it up when I get to the desert. And one second to take down once we get back onto tarmac. 

This game is all about choices, of course. Not everyone can have a full time flag - but a full time anchor, yes. If it does not work, don't use it again and again. It's quite simple. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

11 hours ago, Xaf said:

Nice job, which metal work shop?

It was a workshop in DIP which I worked with them for one of my hotel project. So they did it as a gift.  I have an extra piece with M8 bolt welded. If anyone has a flag with M8 nut in the pole, I can give it.    

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Denizzalbayrak said:

It was a workshop in DIP which I worked with them for one of my hotel project. So they did it as a gift.  I have an extra piece with M8 bolt welded. If anyone has a flag with M8 nut in the pole, I can give it.    

Hotel Project, interesting! My Mrs is into that Hotel Supplies and furnishing. Maybe there can be some mutual business criss crossing?

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, desertdude said:

Hotel Project, interesting! My Mrs is into that Hotel Supplies and furnishing. Maybe there can be some mutual business criss crossing?

I work in a furniture company from Turkey which supplies loose furniture to hotels (Rooms and public areas). But in some projects I use local supplies and craftmanship.. So why not :)   

• Like (+1) 1

After losing several flags and suction cups from Dragon Mart I finally decided to make better arrangement. I have finally done something cheap and works week after week for as less as AED 50.

I have simply found a flag pole with a screw end which resembles the ones found in Dragon Mart, so pretty light. Than I found a Makhrata or a turning workshop in Sharjah Industrial Area. I made them bend aluminium plate of 6 inch thickness with a cut at one end to fit the space which connects my boot door on top, the hinge. Then I made them weld a nut to the bend side so that I could fix the screw from the flag in the nut. Spray painted it for protection and Walla, within 30 minutes done cheaply and works remarkable well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

6 hours ago, Denizzalbayrak said:

I work in a furniture company from Turkey which supplies loose furniture to hotels (Rooms and public areas). But in some projects I use local supplies and craftmanship.. So why not :)   

Same here but they do everything from A-Z. PM your contact details. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

After losing several flags and suction cups from Dragon Mart I finally decided to make better arrangement. I have finally done something cheap and works week after week for as less as AED 50.

I have simply found a flag pole with a screw end which resembles the ones found in Dragon Mart, so pretty light. Than I found a Makhrata or a turning workshop in Sharjah Industrial Area. I made them bend aluminium plate of 6 inch thickness with a cut at one end to fit the space which connects my boot door on top, the hinge. Then I made them weld a nut to the bend side so that I could fix the screw from the flag in the nut. Spray painted it for protection and Walla, within 30 minutes done cheaply and works remarkable well.

Planning to do something as I recently removed my top light bar with flag mount. 🤔

• Like (+1) 3

Hi @Xaf,

As I shared with you earlier I use the AOR suction cup in a horizontal position on the roof with the single long AOR flag. Making the suction cup wet works for me in this position. That well that last week it stayed on top of the car even with 140km/h until @Jorge Stepniak Felippe was so nice to attend me that the flag was still on there ;-)

I guess the positioning and cleaning is the trick here to make this work...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 hours ago, desertdude said:

Same here but they do everything from A-Z. PM your contact details. 

Is there any PM option here? I couldn't find it. 

Anyway, 058 891 8441 is my number. If you send me a message on whatsapp I can share all the info.  

• Like (+1) 2