•  

Never venture alone to a desert or Wadi

Rahimdad

A sincere request to not venture out to the desert or Wadi alone. Also a word of caution to anybody heading towards the wadis during the rain, it is very unsafe due to the threat of flash floods.

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/uae/sharjah/video-four-people-found-dead-in-sharjah-as-floods-swept-wadi

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

I've been been beating this drum of avoid going to wadis during heavy rainfall literally for decades now. Even since I lost friends in college in Hatta due to flash floods

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

Very sad to see. This has been mentioned time and time again but unfortunately still these things seem to happen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

I've been been beating this drum of avoid going to wadis during heavy rainfall literally for decades now. Even since I lost friends in college in Hatta due to flash floods

Was one of them Shan? I remember my brother being very upset. Shan was a good swimmer and saved himself, but went back to save one of his friend and was able the save her, but drowned himself. His body was found later on the shores of Oman. It was a very sad day indeed.

35 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Was one of them Shan? I remember my brother being very upset. Shan was a good swimmer and saved himself, but went back to save one of his friend and was able the save her, but drowned himself. His body was found later on the shores of Oman. It was a very sad day indeed.

Yes Shan was one of them and that's exactly how it happened. I attended his and his cousins funeral here in Dubai. Two other friends also were lost that day

• Sad (0) 4

That is a sad story. I am sorry for everyone involved. We like to think of ourselves and having fun but we hall have friends, we all have family, and that’s what we should be thinking of. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use