•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 5 June 2020

Srikumar

6 hours ago, syed salman raza said:

I am intersted in joining as a newbee

Hi @syed salman raza . I saw that you have already signed up for the Evening Qudra drive and currently we are having a policy of only one drive per person due to limited space. 

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED

Convoy Numbering

1. Srikumar
2. Shiju Manuel
3. Tero Vallas
4. George Francis
5. Jun Zamora
6. Ale Vallecchi
7. Paolo Dassi
8.  Asif
9. Chaitanya D
10. Kalahari
11. Nikhil Saju
12. Sertac

Radio frequency will be:

Carnity Channel 1: 446.00625 Mhz.

Please make sure your radio is charged and set to this frequency when you arrive at the deflation point. 

Keep your distance when deflating and do not "gather" upon arrival. Deflate your vehicle and step back in the car so we can convey the briefing over the radio. Whenever you need help to deflate, announce on the radio and a senior or marshal will come to assist.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Yet another thrilling drive this morning in al Qudra area! Thanks @Srikumar for leading the convoy and @Ale Vallecchi and @sertac for looking after us newcomers and providing useful suggestions and tips. Tip of the day - already stressed multiple times in almost every drive - never fight gravity. After a couple of mistakes of mine, the clear explanations of @Srikumar made it is easy to me to understand when is the moment to turn down rather than start fighting a battle that will eventually be lost! The dunes we approached made a perfect scenario to improve this essential skill. Up and down from reasonable sized dunes and crest crossing proved to be exciting and requiring a good amount of attention and concentration. Thanks to all the drivers and passengers involved in this morning drive. You find some pictures in the gallery, fewer than usual from my side as my photo team (the ladies) was at home this morning.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use