•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 5 June 2020

Srikumar

Quite a "fewbie"ish newbie drive at Qudra today morning.

Well directed by @Srikumar super supported by @Ale Vallecchi and @sertac. Nice learning doing a few Crest crossing and the difficulty gradually increasing was getting more fun with very few refusals and tugs. It is indeed getting very hot in the desert once it gets over 9am, as we are getting into the peak summer months. Pictures uploaded in gallery 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Very well managed by @Srikumar in today's morning drive. It feels like a fewbie drive. with lots of side sloping and crest crossings. I learned a lot in this drive.

Thanks to @Ale Vallecchi for being very cool and supportive. 

Congrats to t he rest of our convoys today.

@Nikhil Saju Paul ,@asifk, @sertac,@Chaitanya D,@Kalahari,  @Shiju Manuel @Tero Vallas and @paolo dassi , we all did great !

See you on our next adventures !

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks to @Srikumar for the well managed routing, being on the second lead was quit fun with the proper instruction and rerouting by Sri. Also big thanks to @Ale Vallecchi and @sertac to manage the convey at the back. Over all its a good place to learn side slopping and crisscross. 

Thanks to all the member joined today. See you all next week.😊 

Photos uploaded in the gallery. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I will also put a report from me. That was a crazy morning for me i woke up at 6.41 am. My alarm didint ring or i didint hear i dont know. I was outside my door 3 min after i woke up. Luckily my home is not far from the area. I reached with minimal delay. Again i am sorry from everyone i was the latest comer of the day. 

I guess for the first time i had guests with me in the car. It is a different feeling you are having another responsibility. As being sweep of the team i try to kept my eye on everyone on the convoy i can proudly say everyone did great job, this club getting expended with great talents day by day. We had only 1 stuck and few refusals thats part of the game and part of the fun. Special thanks for @Srikumar and @Ale Vallecchi amazing drivers and amazing leaders. Even my guests said these 2 guys are dedicated people they are there for everyone who need even small help. 

At the end of the day tempature reached around 42C and i saw my heat gauge getting slowly slowly up. When i got chance i throw some water on my radiator and it became to normal level. Than 5 min later while we were not moving gauge start going up again and O/D off light came on. I knew the next step going to be transmission over heat so i stopped and asked help. Sri and @Jun Zamora came with their water sprays and we spray as much as water we can to the radiator. After that heat came down again and once we start moving faster everything became alright and all of us exited safely. 

Edited by sertac
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

37 minutes ago, sertac said:

I will also put a report from me. That was a crazy morning for me i woke up at 6.41 am. My alarm didint ring or i didint hear i dont know. I was outside my door 3 min after i woke up. Luckily my home is not far from the area. I reached with minimal delay. Again i am sorry from everyone i was the latest comer of the day. 

I guess for the first time i had guests with me in the car. It is a different feeling you are having another responsibility. As being sweep of the team i try to kept my eye on everyone on the convoy i can proudly say everyone did great job, this club getting expended with great talents day by day. We had only 1 stuck and few refusals thats part of the game and part of the fun. Special thanks for @Srikumar and @Ale Vallecchi amazing drivers and amazing leaders. Even my guests said these 2 guys are dedicated people they are there for everyone who need even small help. 

At the end of the day tempature reached around 42C and i saw my heat gauge getting slowly slowly up. When i got chance i throw some water on my radiator and it became to normal level. Than 5 min later while we were not moving gauge start going up again and O/D off light came on. I knew the next step going to be transmission over heat so i stopped and asked help. Sri and @Jun Zamora came with their water sprays and we spray as much as water we can to the radiator. After that heat came down again and once we start moving faster everything became alright and all of us exited safely. 

Thanks @sertac. We had not seen each other in a while, and it was good to drive with you again. Your calm transmitted a feeling of security to the whole group, even when Sri upped the challenges to a Newbie + level. Good job, and hope to see you soon again.

• Like (+1) 2

It was a great drive yesterday - a lot more side sloping that I hadnt done before. Also getting stuck while crossing the crest was a bit scary but luckily I wasnt too fast. Thanks @Srikumar and @Ale Vallecchi for the support and guidance. See you next week ! 

A8271E88-5DD0-472B-BD41-63CE32129449.jpeg

86983905-3BAA-445C-BDC4-B6C3C5C3664A.jpeg

4168EB66-6C0C-4527-AB4A-7E8F3977CFC1.jpeg

Edited by asifk
  • Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use