•  
Advertise here

Honda Accord -No start flashing green key

UPDATE

Got it checked with a key maker as suggested, turns out the key had apparently lost its memory. Thank God. So just spent about AED 250 to get the key reprogrammed as well as an additional key.

Saved me the hassle of changing the receiver, computer and what not.

Thanks guys

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 4

• 3 months later...

UPDATE #2

After the last update in June, the car started fine on first attempts for a month or so. After that it would take always 3-4 attempts to start the car. Tried it with the duplicate key but to no avail, the problem still persisted. 

A few days ago, my battery died and I got it replaced. At the same time it was noticed that the battery was not of the right size, so we changed it to a correct sized Amaron Battery. The issue of not starting on the first attempt has completely disappeared. Looks like it was a case of a faulty battery like @Frederic suggested. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

12 minutes ago, topgear said:

This is good information/reminder so that we always use the right battery size. But how did the wrong battery size got installed in the first place?

The wrong sized battery was installed by the previous owner. I don't think it was due to wrong size battery as else I would have noticed this problem in the first 6 months of ownership. It more is a case of a bad battery.

• Like (+1) 3