•  
Advertise here

Honda Accord -No start flashing green key

This morning my Honda Accord 2009 model started for a second before it shut off. When I tried to restart it, it would not start at all. So then I removed the key and gave it a minute and tried again. The car started again and it cut off after a second. I then noticed a green key symbol flashing on the dash, which upon checking the owners manual turned out to be the immobilization unit.

I have changed the battery on the car key, but to no use. Any other suggestions or on how I can narrow down the problem?

Thanks for the help

• Like (+1) 1

Could be the ACGS fuse as seen in the video

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

- Is that the only key you have ? Do you happen to have a spare key to try with ? 

- Is the battery still fine ? Sometimes if the voltage drops below 12V you can expect all weird issues to start popping up.

- Do you have an OBD scanner ? It might be worth scanning once for DTC codes. (i have one and can bring it if needed).

- Maybe disconnect the battery for 20mins ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sertac said:

Same thing was happening on my XJ weirdly it was coil packs. Whenever i was shaking the coil packs car was starting. 

anigif_enhanced-25717-1433020827-7.gif

• Haha (+1) 4

once i had the similar issue with my honda civic.  accidentally i dropped the key and next time when i try to start car wont start and green key symbol was flashing. Lucky i had a spare key and car started right away with second key. went to the key shop and got it repaired for 30 dhs. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Srikumar i had this problem with my Pathy. I took the key to the key maker in Sharjah and he opened to key to find out that the small chip connected to the metal part of the key had disconnected, after some super glue the key was back together and working fine now for the past year. Even if the battery is in good condition, if the key has been dropped the chip might disconnect from the metal part of the key which you insert in the key hole. Check with a key maker,or minutes, they should be able to sort out this problem.