•  
Advertise here

Sun Motorcycles

Barry

I'm going to restore this,

a5a82dda-bfd0-4db7-9183-8ee225a46da6.JPG.f4764b5f6cd7a88448e1957fe55881ea.JPG

It's a 1957 Sun motorcycle. I think it's a Hornet with a 99cc Villiers single cylinder but I have no paperwork to confirm and there is very little information about these bikes online. The engine is missing and all I have is the frame number. I want to put an original engine in it but it has to be the correct engine type. If anyone has any information or knows where to start looking, the help would be appreciated.

• WOW (+2) 2

It's not actually too bad of a job. Looks worse than it is. Once I find out what engine is supposed to be in it, new engine parts are available and any bike specific stuff can be fabricated. 

• Like (+1) 2

What you gonna do when you are done? You can't register it, ride it, sell or export it.

I know someone here wou has a real old Vespa in 10000 times better shape but it's a no go because of no papers.

• Like (+1) 1

• WOW (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@desertdude It's back home so no issues with paperwork. I can do an IVA test and register it then do whatever with it. 

Your friends Vespa isn't too much of an issue. Strip it, put it in a crate and send it out somewhere as spare parts. Then you can assemble it, register it and bring it back in legally. There are ways to do things. It will cost a little bit but if he loves the bike its possible.

@Frederic I read that. Nice article.

Edited by Barry
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Barry said:

@desertdude It's back home so no issues with paperwork. I can do an IVA test and register it then do whatever with it. 

Your friends Vespa isn't too much of an issue. Strip it, put it in a crate and send it out somewhere as spare parts. Then you can assemble it, register it and bring it back in legally. There are ways to do things. It will cost a little bit but if he loves the bike its possible.

@Frederic I read that. Nice article.

Hahaha when i saw the photo of that barn i just knew this couldnt have been in UAE 😁

• Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."