•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Newbie Desert Drive -Al Qudra - Dubai - 5 June 2020

Gaurav

@Shiju Manuel and @amro elshafey you have been added to this drive as I have increased the count from 10 to 12 cars now, because restrictions are easing up everywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@Shiju Manuel and @amro elshafey you have been added to this drive as I have increased the count from 10 to 12 cars now, because restrictions are easing up everywhere. 

Hi @Gaurav i have already RSVP for the morning Al Qudra drive, i don't think so evening drive also i can join coz will be very tired in such a hot climate. I will withdraw now so that others can get a chance. Lot of thanks for considering me 😊

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@syed salman raza and @amro elshafey please share your vehicle details and your offroad experience (if any).

@syed salman raza, @amro elshafey and  @Mehmet Volga please go thru the newbie briefing video posted on the first page of this drive thread for "YOUR AND YOUR VEHICLE SAFETY"

Keep your distance when deflating and do not "gather" upon arrival. Deflate your vehicle and step back in the car so we can convey the briefing over the radio. Whenever you need help to deflate, announce on the radio and a senior or marshal will come to assist.

Make sure you have a deflator, flag, and your radio. We will be ending nearby the gas station, so a compressor is optional.

See you tomorrow !

Radio Channel

Please make sure your radio is charged and set to this frequency when you arrive at the deflation point. 

We will be using the radio Channel 1 - 446.006'25, so please make sure your radio is set to this frequency.

If anyone dont know how to set it, please go through this instruction.

Convoy Numbering

1. Gaurav - Silver Pajero
  2. Matti Brockman - Red Wrangler
  3. amro elshafey - Silver Touareg
  4. syed salman raza - Red Wrangler
  5. Mehmet Volga - Black Pajero
  6. Yousef Alimadadi - White Pajero
  7. Ale Vallecchi - Silver FJ Cruiser
  8. Luca Bregni - Grey Wrangler
  9. Rajeevan Vickneswaran - Blue Wrangler
  10. E.C. TAN - Grey Wrangler
  11. bunty_and_pops - White Wrangler
  12. siddharth maheshwari - White Wrangler
  13. Wrangeld - Red Wrangler
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

16 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@syed salman raza and @amro elshafey please share your vehicle details and your offroad experience (if any).

@syed salman raza, @amro elshafey and  @Mehmet Volga please go thru the newbie briefing video posted on the first page of this drive thread for "YOUR AND YOUR VEHICLE SAFETY"

Keep your distance when deflating and do not "gather" upon arrival. Deflate your vehicle and step back in the car so we can convey the briefing over the radio. Whenever you need help to deflate, announce on the radio and a senior or marshal will come to assist.

Make sure you have a deflator, flag, and your radio. We will be ending nearby the gas station, so a compressor is optional.

See you tomorrow !

Radio Channel

Please make sure your radio is charged and set to this frequency when you arrive at the deflation point. 

We will be using the radio Channel 1 - 446.006'25, so please make sure your radio is set to this frequency.

If anyone dont know how to set it, please go through this instruction.

Convoy Numbering

1. Gaurav - Silver Pajero
  2. Matti Brockman - Red Wrangler
  3. amro elshafey
  4. syed salman raza -
  5. Mehmet Volga - Black Pajero
  6. Yousef Alimadadi - White Pajero
  7. Ale Vallecchi - Silver FJ Cruiser
  8. Luca Bregni - Grey Wrangler
  9. Rajeevan Vickneswaran - Blue Wrangler
  10. E.C. TAN - Brown Wrangler
  11. Mahmoud Hamzawy - Brown Prado
  12. bunty_and_pops - White Wrangler
  13. siddharth maheshwari - Red Wrangler
  14. Wrangeld - Red Wrangler

Hi @GauravThank you. Just to inform that my car is white wrangler

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @amro elshafey for the vehicle information. Have you driven your Touareg before in sand?

As per edmunds it show 7.9 inches of ground clearance, that means you "HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL" while desert driving even at this newbie level. If you have some removable bumper skirt with some clips or few bolts, I highly suggest to remove it before coming for your vehicle safety.

Please make sure it has front and rear tow hook or screw in tow hook available, as they are mandatory for any off-road drive.

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@amro elshafey I doubt you have a 19 inch clearance, can you please confirm if you have made any modifications to your vehicle?

Please also advise if your VW Toureg is has the proper 4 high and 4 Low gear selection, or is it an All Wheel Drive, or has one of those knobs to decide what the vehicle is going to do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use