•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Newbie Desert Drive -Al Qudra - Dubai - 5 June 2020

Gaurav

@Gaurav it has the front and rear tow screw and yes I drove it in the sand but not no dunes as my experience is a beginner level.

regarding modifications, No I didn’t do any. And I don’t think it has removable parts.

from the internet I see videos for it being capable of going sand work but also trust your advice if all the group are on high level and will go through tough dunes then let me join a more less leveled one.

Appreciate your advise

• Like (+1) 1

@amro elshafey any newbie drive is a bit challenging for any new participants, however you always have to overcome your fear to grow within this sport.

Although front and rear tow screw is not recommended for desert drives, you need proper recovery tow hooks installed which are securely bolted on to the chassis of the car.

Most online videos are shot keeping in mind that they need to sell these cars to some people who want to opt to take it off-road.

Let me warn you in advance, if the car is expensive it might hurt you if even a scratch comes on your car. However if you have a second car and this is your spare car it might be little less hurtful to you.

Although our newbie drives are meant to be for new people in the desert to get a feel and learn, but with less than 10 inch clearance it is always going to be dicey.

Your choice and @Gaurav will be the deciding factor as he is the trip lead.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @amro elshafey for all the info. I'm happy to hear that you have driven before in dunes.

For tomorrow it is the newbie level (lowest one) and we do go through dunes, but nothing extreme and drastic pushing as at newbie level we stick to track and some dunes to have a good feel of desert and advance the learning phase.

Without the LO gear it might be difficult, but though we are in Qudra which is always running parallel to tarmac track, so in case of any difficulty we can always exit out. And these things will show up in first 10-15 mins, so you are welcome to join tomorrow drive but please come with an open mindset, and we will do our best.

• Totally Agree (+2) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 minutes ago, amro elshafey said:

@Gaurav Very happy to be able to join and learn, see you tomorrow.

is the gathering location shared?

There is no gathering. We are only driving......!

Go to the first page and read everything

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/15003-covid-19-compliant-evening-newbie-desert-drive-al-qudra-dubai-5-june-2020

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

13 hours ago, Gaurav said:

@syed salman raza and @amro elshafey please share your vehicle details and your offroad experience (if any).

@syed salman raza, @amro elshafey and  @Mehmet Volga please go thru the newbie briefing video posted on the first page of this drive thread for "YOUR AND YOUR VEHICLE SAFETY"

Keep your distance when deflating and do not "gather" upon arrival. Deflate your vehicle and step back in the car so we can convey the briefing over the radio. Whenever you need help to deflate, announce on the radio and a senior or marshal will come to assist.

Make sure you have a deflator, flag, and your radio. We will be ending nearby the gas station, so a compressor is optional.

See you tomorrow !

Radio Channel

Please make sure your radio is charged and set to this frequency when you arrive at the deflation point. 

We will be using the radio Channel 1 - 446.006'25, so please make sure your radio is set to this frequency.

If anyone dont know how to set it, please go through this instruction.

Convoy Numbering

1. Gaurav - Silver Pajero
  2. Matti Brockman - Red Wrangler
  3. amro elshafey
  4. syed salman raza -
  5. Mehmet Volga - Black Pajero
  6. Yousef Alimadadi - White Pajero
  7. Ale Vallecchi - Silver FJ Cruiser
  8. Luca Bregni - Grey Wrangler
  9. Rajeevan Vickneswaran - Blue Wrangler
  10. E.C. TAN - Brown Wrangler
  11. Mahmoud Hamzawy - Brown Prado
  12. bunty_and_pops - White Wrangler
  13. siddharth maheshwari - White Wrangler
  14. Wrangeld - Red Wrangler

Hi @Gaurav, thanks for the update and convoy numbering. FYI, my jeep is grey. Gracias.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Hariharan just saw you signed up on my newbie drive at qudra today evening, but please note I cannot accept any late signup and also drive is completely full.

I'm sorry, please wait for sunday to sign up for the next friday drives.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Updated Convoy Numbering

1. Gaurav - Silver Pajero
  2. Matti Brockman - Red Wrangler
  3. amro elshafey - Silver Touareg
  4. syed salman raza - Red Wrangler
  5. Mehmet Volga - Black Pajero
  6. Yousef Alimadadi - White Pajero
  7. Ale Vallecchi - Silver FJ Cruiser
  8. Luca Bregni - Grey Wrangler
  9. Rajeevan Vickneswaran - Blue Wrangler
  10. E.C. TAN - Grey Wrangler
  11. bunty_and_pops - White Wrangler
  12. siddharth maheshwari - White Wrangler
  13. Wrangeld - Red Wrangler
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use