•  

UAZ Hunter

Rahimdad

I had seen this vehicle back in Feb 2017 in Media city and checked with @Gaurav bhai who told me all about it. It is bare bone without any creature comfort and what confused me about it was having a petrol filler on both sides. This was also answered by @Gaurav bhai who told me so that they can fill the petrol of either side. How cool is that? Today while just browsing through Dubizzle I came across this ad.

https://tnydu.biz/DOwtKD

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

Cool. I can see myself wading through the deep waters of Vietnam with it, admiring the loud 2.6 Petrol with massive 125hp :) 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I love a bit of Russian mechanics - Lada Riva is one of the most capable 4x4s I ever drove (if you like snow and ice). They are all built like tanks and can survive a nuclear holocaust. It has to be said, however, while China is doing a lot better with the cars they produce, I am a lot less convinced by Russian engineering unless its in a tank or a missile

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

I love a bit of Russian mechanics - Lada Riva is one of the most capable 4x4s I ever drove (if you like snow and ice). They are all built like tanks and can survive a nuclear holocaust. It has to be said, however, while China is doing a lot better with the cars they produce, I am a lot less convinced by Russian engineering unless its in a tank or a missile

Lada Niva. The Riva is a small 4 door saloon. 

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Lada Niva. The Riva is a small 4 door saloon. 

You are 100% correct. Niva. 

Edited by Wrangeld
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

10 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

You are 100% correct. Niva. 

Did you drive it here or in another country? I’ve seen 2-3 here. I like them but i don’t think it would be great to own one here. Getting parts must be a nightmare. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

I used to see them a lot in Dubai back in the late 80's and early 90's, I think Juma Al Majid had the agency, but for some reason they just disappeared.

BTW some people also told me that they loved the Ssangyong Kyron, it was a Korean or Chinese brand which borrowed its engine and other components from Mercedes.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use