•  

UAZ Hunter

Rahimdad

8 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

I used to see them a lot in Dubai back in the late 80's and early 90's, I think Juma Al Majid had the agency, but for some reason they just disappeared.

BTW some people also told me that they loved the Ssangyong Kyron, it was a Korean or Chinese brand which borrowed its engine and other components from Mercedes.

My former neighbor drove a syangyong Rexton which was a good looking SUV equipped with all bells and whistles and Mercedes engine. And a lot cheaper than the competitors.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 6/2/2020 at 8:23 AM, Denizzalbayrak said:

I saw a Niva in Al Quoz couple months ago. I guess it was in front of Ramy.

91419CD6-BF06-4673-A8DF-F403C1C2C04F.jpeg

That one seems to be there all the time. My workshop is just around the corner. I’m guessing one of the Ramy employees owns it because it’s there so much. 

On 6/2/2020 at 6:35 PM, Frederic said:

My former neighbor drove a syangyong Rexton which was a good looking SUV equipped with all bells and whistles and Mercedes engine. And a lot cheaper than the competitors.

One of my neighbours at home had a Rexton with the 2.7 engine. He drove it for maybe 10 years with no problems outside regular servicing. It was a pretty good 4x4 with good spec and a nice bit of luxury for what was a relatively unknown brand. He said it was the same engine as the ML but all the parts were slightly changed so the only interchangeable parts between the Rexton and ML were the head studs, how true this is I don’t know. I always believed they had the same engine but he told me this and I never had enough interest to check and confirm or deny it. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use