•  
Advertise here

Just now, sertac said:

What about you @Srikumar are you using Ac on your Jeep while off roading? 

Normally no, but these days my son is with me on every drive. So the AC is running all the time. Ofcourse I don't do long hill climbs with the AC on.

• Like (+1) 4

I always found the ZJ with in the inline 4.0 pretty anemic and a mismatch for it. The the 4cyl for the Prado.

I remember Gaurav had a ZJ with the magnum V8 in it. That thing was pretty fast and powerful. But as far as I can remember even he didn't like it too much and got rid of it pretty fast.

• WOW (+2) 1

10 hours ago, desertdude said:

I always found the ZJ with in the inline 4.0 pretty anemic and a mismatch for it. The the 4cyl for the Prado.

I remember Gaurav had a ZJ with the magnum V8 in it. That thing was pretty fast and powerful. But as far as I can remember even he didn't like it too much and got rid of it pretty fast.

Yup, sold within 3 months.

• WOW (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

17 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Never used off-road in desert. Family commuting car. Always parked indoor.

Not sure I want to take a risk on such a pampered vehicle ... having said that, for AED 5000 ... @Jeepie ?????

What would I do with 2 cars? 🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, Jeepie said:

What would I do with 2 cars? 🤣🤣

Cmooon we are talking about 20 year old Jeeps. While one is in mechanic shop you will drive the other one :D

• Haha (+1) 5

11 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Yup, sold within 3 months.

Lol yup I think that's the max non jeepers can stand a jeep. I sold my jeep also in around that much time. And all the time I had it. I had to constantly tinker with it. And it was the best well kept full service history British woman expat owner never off-road mechanically solid blah blah blah jeep one could buy and it was still shit.

First I had to change the rims because it came with 17 inch bling bling wheels. Once I did that it got the death wobble. Fixed that, overheating issues with bigger radiator and extra fan  fixed and lifted it 1.5 inches then everything went crazy. More death wobble had to recalibrate and drop transmission just for a tiny itsy bitsy lift. Still drove like shit. Went back to original tyrevsize and oem steel wheels then it sort of behaved but drove like a pig due to heavy steel wheels 

Got fed up and got rid of the the POS

P.S skipping all the other tiny bullshit it had in that much time. Like temp gauge 3/4th during desert drives ( suppose to be a jeep thing) raised the hood at the back with spacers helped a tiny bit. Also coolant always boiling out after you come to a stop. Turns out the original Mopar radiator cap was shit. So a cheap 10dhs saniya cap which was a tiny bit a more tighter fit did the job. Etc etc etc

• Haha (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

11 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Lol yup I think that's the max non jeepers can stand a jeep. I sold my jeep also in around that much time. And all the time I had it. I had to constantly tinker with it. And it was the best well kept full service history British woman expat owner never off-road mechanically solid blah blah blah jeep one could buy and it was still shit.

First I had to change the rims because it came with 17 inch bling bling wheels. Once I did that it got the death wobble. Fixed that, overheating issues with bigger radiator and extra fan  fixed and lifted it 1.5 inches then everything went crazy. More death wobble had to recalibrate and drop transmission just for a tiny itsy bitsy lift. Still drove like shit. Went back to original tyrevsize and oem steel wheels then it sort of behaved but drove like a pig due to heavy steel wheels 

Got fed up and got rid of the the POS

P.S skipping all the other tiny bullshit it had in that much time. Like temp gauge 3/4th during desert drives ( suppose to be a jeep thing) raised the hood at the back with spacers helped a tiny bit. Also coolant always boiling out after you come to a stop. Turns out the original Mopar radiator cap was shit. So a cheap 10dhs saniya cap which was a tiny bit a more tighter fit did the job. Etc etc etc

I cant say anything against what you said, all true but it has a thing keeping you attached to it. Maybe because i was literally dreaming to having one when i was a high school child or i grew up with my grand father`s Jeep stories. 

Specially the 5.9 ZJ is my holly grail. I have more interested have one 5.9 more than a SRT Trailhawk.  

902_Jeep_Life_600x.png

Edited by sertac
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, sertac said:

I cant say anything against what you said, all true but it has a thing keeping you attached to it. Maybe because i was literally dreaming to having one when i was a high school child or i grew up with my grand father`s Jeep stories. 

Specially the 5.9 ZJ is my holly grail. I have more interested have one 5.9 more than a SRT Trailhawk.  

902_Jeep_Life_600x.png

I'd rather have a Corolla than a trailhawk. Rather than another shitty jeep with the hellcat motor in it

Gaurav had the ZJ with the bigger magnum engine. Was still a jeep like I said it was fast and powerful but still shit and still a jeep that's. Why he sold it in 3 months! Lol

Like they say never meet your heroes. And if you really still have that itch. Import one from the US dime a dozen there. Less than 20k you would have one parked in your garage with in a month or two

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3