•  
Advertise here

2016 Volkswagen Touareg - Lift kit - Suspension spacer

• Gaurav changed the title to 2016 Volkswagen Touareg - Lift kit - Suspension spacer

@amro elshafey being a 2016 model is your VW still in warranty. If it is under warranty, have you checked with Al Naboodah if they will honour the warranty even after you make any mods on it. I am sure @Barry, @treks, @desertdude and many of the experts can suggest where you can obtain and install them safely. One of our experts @Asif Hussain even managed to get the raw material and make his own coil spring spacers for his Ford Truck, maybe he can help you design your own and save you some bucks for some other project. i had long r=time back done this on my Jeep Commander, however without a proper lift kit it does change the dynamics of the car and you need to be very careful. I suggest you go out 1 inch with your wheels for every 2 inch lift, this means the tires should be out of the body of the car which means RTA will not pass the car till you put fender flares which give it the look that the wheels are still within the body of the car and not protruding outwards. Just a little advise from my understanding and experiences.

• Like (+1) 4

@Rahimdad I only source standard parts for my jobs. If someone wants to bring their own non standard parts for modifications I’ll fit them but other than that I don’t get involved. There’s too much that can go wrong and I don’t like hassle in my life. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Rahimdad he will be just lifting 2 inch for few drives only and not a long term solution that he needs to invest in widening the wheelbase. If he can be little careful, it will be fine. As 10 Inch ground clearance for Touareg wont be tipsy.

@desertdude it is much safer to lift 2 inch being his current vehicle to test than damaging the bumpers and sensors.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Check these two options

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Lift-Kit-45mm-for-Volkswagen-TOUAREG-2010-2018/114157310435

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lift-Kit-for-VW-Touareg-10-18-Audi-Q7-Porsche-Cayenne-1-8-45mm-strut-spacers/283467500726

You can buy the cheapest one, as you don't need them for a long time anyways.

Even if they last a couple of months without sagging, you can do a quick test if you like offroading or not and then decide accordingly.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Rahimdad @desertdude @Barry @Gaurav

thank you all for insights and advices, will digest very will and make my mind.

I was thinking that lifting it with 2 inches will not greatly affect its dynamics since there is other trims from the same model with air suspension and they lift, may be I don’t have all details but this is why I appreciate talking with you all guys 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I had fabricated strut spacer using nylon bar and used my ride to the extreme level in off-roading and it never gave up. Lifting your vehicle using spacer will allow you to accommodate slightly upsize tyre which will overall lift your ride 2 to 3inch max. This modification has no performance advantage other than approach and departure angle. It will decrease your suspension travel and wear out your suspension components sooner. This is one of the cheapest way to lift your ride. Add wheel spacer or proper offset rims to the same ratio of the lift to correct the geomatry of your vehicle.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

18 hours ago, Gaurav said:

@Rahimdad he will be just lifting 2 inch for few drives only and not a long term solution that he needs to invest in widening the wheelbase. If he can be little careful, it will be fine. As 10 Inch ground clearance for Touareg wont be tipsy.

@desertdude it is much safer to lift 2 inch being his current vehicle to test than damaging the bumpers and sensors.

2inch spacers should be fine IMO as European cars are more geared towards "sporty" driving which usually means stiffer suspension more than soft comfort. 

• Like (+1) 3