•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 12 Jun 2020

Gaurav

6 minutes ago, Mahmoud Hamzawy said:

Once you found Landcrusier stuck by himself in the middle of the desert you announced on the radio and the full convoy stand on standby mode till you helped them to recover even by tow rope and pulling them out (power of Pajero)

After 3 month away because of this COVID driving back and hitting the dunes was maximum enjoyment for me 

Thank you all who for this drive and specially I would like to thank all drivers who stayed in their cars as we all returned back home safe and not even worried about this bad virus 

@Mahmoud Hamzawy thanks for this reminder - Yes, @Gaurav stopped and rescued other drivers in need: another really part of our drive and important rule of etiquette I should not have forgotten to mention. The example that he set, stopping our whole convoy to help them was important to see.

If there are people in need, who you can help, and will let you help them in the way you think you can, make the offer. If we were ever tempted to go offroad alone it's good to know that there are kind souls out there prepared to help you out of trouble. 

And your other point about drive discipline: It's not easy to stay inside the car, it's not as much fun - but it does mean that we stay safe because WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

@Mahmoud Hamzawy thanks for this reminder - Yes, @Gaurav stopped and rescued other drivers in need: another really part of our drive and important rule of etiquette I should not have forgotten to mention. The example that he set, stopping our whole convoy to help them was important to see.

If there are people in need, who you can help, and will let you help them in the way you think you can, make the offer. If we were ever tempted to go offroad alone it's good to know that there are kind souls out there prepared to help you out of trouble. 

And your other point about drive discipline: It's not easy to stay inside the car, it's not as much fun - but it does mean that we stay safe because WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE.

@Wrangeld Thank you for the detailed comprehensive trip report - and all your efforts during the ride

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use