•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 12 Jun 2020

Srikumar

Just now, Lucky sAm said:

@Srikumar   Sri Bhai, Sorry i will not be able to join tomorrow's  drive 😔 ,got something urgent to address.

I have already signed out from tomorrow's drive.

See you at next time 👍

Thanks for updating Lucky.

There is one spot open on this drive Incase anyone wishes to join

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Srikumar sadly got some commitment that will not allow me to join the drive. I will cancel my RSVP and  hope this will give an opportunity to someone . 

Also advise if there is any possibility to join morning drive instead .

Thanks and regards.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, siddharth maheshwari said:

Dear @Srikumar sadly got some commitment that will not allow me to join the drive. I will cancel my RSVP and  hope this will give an opportunity to someone . 

Also advise if there is any possibility to join morning drive instead .

Thanks and regards.

Noted. You can post on the drive thread of the morning drives and check if there is any availability

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED

Convoy Numbering for tomorrow 

1. Srikumar - Cherokee XJ
2. Matti Brockman - Wrangler
3. Jolly Abraham - Fortuner
4. Febin Frederic - Wrangler
5. Szymon Stankiewicz - Montero
6. Desert Dweller - Xterra
7. Jorge - LR4
8. Roshan Abraham - Pajero
9. Nizam Deen - Prado
10. Ale Valleci - FJ
11. Najeeb Mohammed - FJ
12. Deniz - Trailblazer
13. Shamil - Xterra

Please make sure your radio is set to Channel 2: 446.03125 Mhz and switched on when you arrive at deflation point. Also make sure the other Carnity channels are programmed into your radio so we can switch to another channel when needed.

Members who have not clicked "totally agree" on the BAN post as well as this drive post, will not be allowed to join the drive, as we want to have formal acknowledgement that you have understood our rules and precautions.

Keep your distance when deflating and do not "gather" upon arrival. Deflate your vehicle and step back in the car so we can convey the briefing over the radio. 

Make sure you have a deflator, flag, and your radio.

See you tomorrow !

• Totally Agree (+2) 3

Thanks to everybody for the drive. Very well done, with very little issues, all brilliantly resolved. Hope you didn't mind my first experience at the head of the pack. I enjoyed it very much, especially the later part, chasing the sunset. You all certainly responded very well to the terrain, the temperature and the technical dunes that sometimes Qudra throws at you. 

Special thanks to @Srikumar for giving me the opportunity to lead. Thanks also to @Shamil for watching over the convoy, to @Desert Dweller for her first "center" and recovery role, and to @Matti Brockman for his sure and safe second-lead.

See you next week.

Edited by Ale Vallecchi
Update
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 5

It was again fun yesterday! Thank you everyone involved!

Especially @Srikumar and @Ale Vallecchi leading us professionally and safely. I think there was good amount of nice relaxed desert driving and also challenges riding the ridges and crossing them sideways. Had to pay attention what you are doing, pushing yourself and your skills. And good choice of places where to do it, not too steep ridges to cross, being too difficult -in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Yes this was fun drive and were able to drive at most of the time without any waiting period as there were very little refusal or stuck. Thanks @Ale Vallecchi @Srikumar and @Shamil

A friend of mine have suggested that after every offroad drive, we should clean air filter or air intake will be disrupted and will effect vehicle performance gradually, could someone shed more details on it, is this true ? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Najeeb Mohammed said:

Yes this was fun drive and were able to drive at most of the time without any waiting period as there were very little refusal or stuck. Thanks @Ale Vallecchi @Srikumar and @Shamil

A friend of mine have suggested that after every offroad drive, we should clean air filter or air intake will be disrupted and will effect vehicle performance gradually, could someone shed more details on it, is this true ? 

HI Najeeb, your friend is absolutely right. In fact i would suggest to do atleast the following 3 steps after every drive - 1) get sand blown off from engine bay area 2) get the air filters cleaned and 3) check for engine oil levels, if it has dipped, then top it up.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use