•  
Advertise here

How to turn off traction in Nissan Xterra

@Desert Dweller instead of pressing the button, try press and hold for about 10 or 20 seconds to check if it completely switches off. If not I guess you will need to do a little more research before you go ahead with any mods. I think @Shamil has already been through the worst phase as after he installed a kill switch first drive he could not engage it in 4x4, a second visit was required to get a proper job done.

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Desert Dweller said:

I only have the Traction control switch button, and I do notice now that I'm doing more serious drives that the car needs ABS kill switch too. But I did fine without it in Newbie drives.

Your driving style will change in intermediate level, you must kill the ABS while off-roading before anything happens. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Desert Dweller instead of pressing the button, try press and hold for about 10 or 20 seconds to check if it completely switches off. If not I guess you will need to do a little more research before you go ahead with any mods. I think @Shamil has already been through the worst phase as after he installed a kill switch first drive he could not engage it in 4x4, a second visit was required to get a proper job done.

Yes you are right @Rahimdad bhai and i must appreciate your memory for remembering this issue as even i almost forgot about it 😬.The kill switch didn't work the first time for me, because the garage didn't fix it properly, and they finally sorted it out the second time around. Its strange because that garage is a well known place(that i dont go to anymore) that does major off road modifications and the installation of a kill switch is such a simple procedure that a few off roaders have done it themselves.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Desert Dweller said:

Maybe the new Xterra owners can organize a get-together and DIY approach, under a more experienced supervision, like a mini-workshop ☺️

Yes but for now, with Covid rules, we can simply ask questions and share tips on this dedicated Nissan XTerra section. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCf22cb5JGhvWXHbbRNjAWOw
For DYI fixes, I would recommend this YouTube channel. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I have also thought about taking some automotive training courses to get more knowledge and experience handling car maintenance and problems, a better understanding of car mechanics. If Carnity organizes some in the future I would be happy to join. I can spare a few hundreds of dirhams for that purpose.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Great idea @Desert Dweller, at one point @Barry had suggested to have a session which would give everyone the basic knowledge of how the car operates and some basic tools and stuff. Maybe @Barry can help with such a session. It would also be helpful if @Jeepie, @Vanessa8580 and more people can join to make this session lower cost for all and @Barry could address several people in one session. What say @Barry? Do you want to launch a session which you had spoken about earlier but died due to no interest at that point?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1