•  
Advertise here

maxtrax..

I thought this was going to be like Mattracks. We had a F350 in the shop last year that was running Mattracks. If you have seen Twin Turbos on Discovery channel, that’s the guy who originally built it, Doug Deberti. 

474CD32F-C174-4996-AA88-AC7A16EB056E.jpeg.cfc0d777daa33a16ed88e0baaf1daf76.jpeg

The guy I was working for used to tell people he built it himself but to anyone in the know, it was pretty obvious when you seen the Deberti stickers all over it. Not the first time I caught him claiming other people’s designs as his own but that’s a story for another day. The Mattracks were pretty impractical for day to day use so they ended up getting swapped for a set of big rock crawler wheels. 

• Like (+1) 2

If you ever find yourself in a Sabkha, they might be your only help:

• Like (+1) 6

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

All good, but maybe someone needs to show us the technique as well, give an air compressor to someone who has got a pop-out and does not know what to do, it will not help. Maybe we can have a drive which can show us how to use this in the Sabkha to get out of such a nasty situation.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

All good, but maybe someone needs to show us the technique as well, give an air compressor to someone who has got a pop-out and does not know what to do, it will not help. Maybe we can have a drive which can show us how to use this in the Sabkha to get out of such a nasty situation.

I spoke to the guy who made the video, as i bought my winch from him. He mentioned that he only got good results by using 4 pieces and avoid spinning the tyres as it rubs off the knobs on the maxtrax. In the video he was using both the Maxtrax (orange) as the treds (green) who have slighly different design but work as well. 

Like you mentioned before, i assume in soft sand you'll need to dig a track to be able to slide them in deep enough so the tyres are not slipping on it. I remember being stuck once long time back and used my wooden boards to pull myself out.

• Like (+1) 2

No solution like a DIY solution:

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Again all these stuff will work on flat or relatively flat area with firm ground underneath and NOT IN DUNES.

image.png

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Again all these stuff will work on flat or relatively flat area with firm ground underneath and NOT IN DUNES.

image.png

Your photo shows foldable sand tracks, which is not comparable with maxtrax. This is a completely different thing which I can imagine really don’t work in sand.

The maxtrax are actually boards, which i agree are not useful when driving with a club or with other vehicles, but are useful when overlanding (alone) on different types of underground. On a flat dune sand underground I agree a bit of shoveling and crawling will do fine too.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Frederic said:

LOL, he is not even stuck he was just on 2WD and these did not even work properly, I seriously doubt these would even work on a real stuck scenario. Cheap people really underestimate the development some of these companies made to create some products just to save some $.

• Haha (+1) 1