•  

Pajero-Orange central light blinking- Green lights off

RohanH

Hello Everyone

Today I was on the way to Fewbie event. Suddenly orange light started flashing and green light indicating rear wheel drive went off. Then I stopped the car and checked  4H was not working.

After reaching meeting point, I switched off and switched on the car, then all light working properly and even I could engage 4H. So after discussion with Sri kumar I left the drive and returned home. Sorry I had to left the drive.

@Srikumar as you rightly said the orange lights were again started flashing after about 15 mins and green lights went off.

Please refer attached photo. Please advise what shall I do now.

Screenshot_20200619-172348_Gallery[1].jpg

• Like (+1) 3

This could be either the solenoids that engage the vacuum, a loose vacuum hose, or just the sensor itself. Better bring it to the workshop to let them verify the above. 

• Like (+1) 6

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Today I met garage. they suggested to change the Free wheel valve(their word for solenoid switch). Already ordered it as it was not available. Will change it this week. thank you everyone for advise.

• Like (+1) 4

Personally I thought that it was a warning sign that the gather cover had a small crack in it. My mistake 🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

On 6/21/2020 at 4:41 PM, Wrangeld said:

Personally I thought that it was a warning sign that the gather cover had a small crack in it. My mistake 🤦‍♂️

90% of the time that’s the problem. The rubber cracks, sand gets in and the rod jams. You can usually clean it and put some oil on it and get it moving again. As a temporary fix, you can clean the oil and grease off the rubber with brake cleaner and stick the broken bits back together with superglue or black silicon. Black silicon will last longer than superglue as it flexes with the rubber. 

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use