•  
Advertise here

Sport Air Filters

I am looking for getting more fresh air to my engine for little bit better power. As @Rahimdad bhai told me it should be dry type not the oil type. I found below products, but i am not sure of these are dry ones. Is anyone experienced can tell me if these are correct products? 

https://afepower.com/afe-power-30-10008-magnum-flow-pro-5r-air-filter

https://www.knfilters.com/33-2139-replacement-air-filter

• Like (+1) 2

@sertac for your first link the filter on the right, the grey one shows as a dry filter. Screenshot given below. The K&N on the other hand in the description reads oiled cotton media, but does mention its washable. Im not sure but @Gaurav bhai has used K&N and would be able to advise you better. In terms of technical knowledge I also highly regard @Barry, @treks, @Javier M and loads more people here to give you great advise. Please also remember to clean your throttle body with carburetor cleaner as spoken earlier.

Screenshot_2020-06-20-13-01-41.png

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Javier M said:

Why not go with a cold air intake instead?

Actually it would be better. But these 2 options are available in amazon.ae for cold air intake i couldn't find anything available in UAE for my car. I need to order from US in that case and i have no experience of ordering parts from US. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, sertac said:

Actually it would be better. But these 2 options are available in amazon.ae for cold air intake i couldn't find anything available in UAE for my car. I need to order from US in that case and i have no experience of ordering parts from US. 

I would try from Amazon.com not amazon.ae. I found different options and they ship directly from US you don't have to worry about import duties or any other taxes. Second option is carid.com they ship from the US and will arrive fast, and once it arrives UPS or Fedex will collect import taxes when delivering to you. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I like oiled filters because they catch dust. The dust literally sticks to the oil. But they have their disadvantages.  They need regular maintenance and cleaning. They should be washed in a soap solution and dried out before being re oiled. You can’t just blow them out with an airline or you might tear them. If you over oil them and oil gets into your AFM, it can burn the hot wire and ruin it meaning you need to buy a new one. 

Back in the days before paper filters, oil baths were used to filter dust before it went into the engine. Some heavy machinery still use these as huge paper filters are cost prohibitive. 

7E7BDD66-E709-49C9-80FB-C25D692A0671.jpeg.2d7b906b0fdcf0e14f1c7a8d22f3d0dc.jpeg

If you want something cheap and easy, a direct replacement high performance panel filter is the way to go. 

Cone style filters have the advantage of an increased surface area meaning you can filter more air faster with less restrictions. A lot of people make the mistake of throwing the air box and just fitting a cone filter to the intake pipe. This means you are sucking in hot air from the engine bay which could actually cause you to have slightly less power. They should only be used with a proper fresh feed induction system. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1