•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Faqa - Dubai, 26 Jun 2020

Ale Vallecchi

It was excellent lead today by @Ale Vallecchi. The drive was very interesting with plenty of dunes to play along. It was my first time driving from faqa to solar park, looks like I’m already in love with this area. 

Big thanks to our seniors @Srikumar and @Vanessa8580 for helping all of us in multiple stuck  and refusals. 

Unfortunately white smoke was a concern, Will Try to get it sorted tomorrow itself. 

Hope to see you all soon next time. 

Stay safe!!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Foxtrot Oscar you did an amazing second lead. Well done.

16 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

I've been trying to upload pics in the gallery, but keep encountering glitches , perhaps the sand is too soft ;) 😄

Perhaps we need @Gaurav to get you out of this stuck position. 😁

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Indeed, I want to add my thanks for @Ale Vallecchi for planning and leading this trip - great route and beautiful part of Dubai. Thanks to @Srikumar and @Vanessa8580 for tirelessly attending to the stucks, in glorious sunshine!  This was a trip where a few people struggled with momentum repeatedly - I am not sure whether they were driving new cars, or whether their lack of following distance forced them to brake at the worst of times? As a result the convey lost a lot of momentum, but we still covered most of the planned route + enjoyable night drive. All in all a great way to spend a Friday afternoon with like-minded community members. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:

Indeed, I want to add my thanks for @Ale Vallecchi for planning and leading this trip - great route and beautiful part of Dubai. Thanks to @Srikumar and @Vanessa8580 for tirelessly attending to the stucks, in glorious sunshine!  This was a trip where a few people struggled with momentum repeatedly - I am not sure whether they were driving new cars, or whether their lack of following distance forced them to brake at the worst of times? As a result the convey lost a lot of momentum, but we still covered most of the planned route + enjoyable night drive. All in all a great way to spend a Friday afternoon with like-minded community members. 

Thanks @Kalahari That is truely a beautiful area, and I enjoy exploring it very much.

You are very right to remind all of us about the correct distancing between cars. Especially in a hot day, with soft sand, one should always plan for a possible refusal from the car in front, and consequently to avoid his/her own refusal due to poor distancing, and sudden breaking. Plus, if one keeps a bit more distance, can have more time and better visual to plan his approach more carefully.

See you soon out there, and enjoy your Saturday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Heartiest CONGRATULATIONS to @Ale Vallecchi for completing his very first independent lead very successfully.

Thanks @Srikumar for all the great feedback, support and watchful observation to let Ale face the real convoy situation.

There was no doubt on Ale capability as a new leader, as he has lead with many of us before. But when new leader leads an actual drive convoy and everyone enjoys, appreciate and crave for more (like here) that demonstrate the real success of that leader drive. Well done Ale.

Ale impeccable planning of route by plotting 22 points, track, exits, playable dunes on map, scouting area mid-week, and properly tuning up the drive as per convoy strength are the main reason for such a great successful drive. 

We feel extremely proud when new leaders understand the real gravity of this adventure sport, invest time in planning and careful execution with perfectly balance mind and heart for maximizing fun and minimizing risk/danger involved.

Once again, congratulations Ale and keep it up.

image.png

• Totally Agree (+2) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Heartiest CONGRATULATIONS to @Ale Vallecchi for completing his very first independent lead very successfully.

Thanks @Srikumar for all the great feedback, support and watchful observation to let Ale face the real convoy situation.

There was no doubt on Ale capability as a new leader, as he has lead with many of us before. But when new leader leads an actual drive convoy and everyone enjoys, appreciate and crave for more (like here) that demonstrate the real success of that leader drive. Well done Ale.

Ale impeccable planning of route by plotting 22 points, track, exits, playable dunes on map, scouting area mid-week, and properly tuning up the drive as per convoy strength are the main reason for such a great successful drive. 

We feel extremely proud when new leaders understand the real gravity of this adventure sport, invest time in planning and careful execution with perfectly balance mind and heart for maximizing fun and minimizing risk/danger involved.

Once again, congratulations Ale and keep it up.

image.png

@Gaurav I truely appreciate your compliments, and humbly accept them. I am learning from the best!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use