•  

COVID19 COMPLIANT - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive: Al Khatim - Abu Dhabi 26 June 2020

Asif Hussain

2 hours ago, Erik Ean said:

I have tried the sand in the summer, under 40º degrees C, it did good, the car did not overheat or any other issue, even without deflating the tires. But i did not try to clime dunes.  This is the only footage i have playing on the sand 

I will check the front, but back hooks it am sure this car has.

I have the compressor and the traction tracks, i keep them on the trunk all the time.

Where i can buy the radio here in UAE ?

@Erik Ean you can find the shops where radios and other accessories are available as in the thread below

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Erik Ean said:

I have tried the sand in the summer, under 40º degrees C, it did good, the car did not overheat or any other issue, even without deflating the tires. But i did not try to clime dunes.  This is the only footage i have playing on the sand 

I will check the front, but back hooks it am sure this car has.

I have the compressor and the traction tracks, i keep them on the trunk all the time.

Where i can buy the radio here in UAE ?

Hi Erik, I recently bought a radio baofeng UV5R from dragon mart 2. Store name was crony. It was like 85Aed.

• Like (+1) 1

@Erik Ean welcome to carnity off-road club. This is fewbie and above level drive. Since you are new here you should first join a Absolutely Newbie drive. You can join @Gaurav's drive on 26th Friday which is for new comers. But unfortunately travel ristriction between Abu Dhabi to other emirates is still on. You can wait for next week and join any absolute newbie drives.

• Like (+1) 2

i wanted to try this drive because it's gonna happen here in Abu Dhabi. 

Well i am not totally newbie, but in fact i never pushed the CRV in off road drive over sand dunes and similar tests

Edited by Erik Ean
  • Like (+1) 1

Eric, you should read the grading of off-road members for this group. You are a newbie for at least 5 Newbie drives, after which you can be promoted to Fewbie (and join those drives) subject to your skills with your vehicle. To be honest, I had a CRV before and I would not even do a Newbie drive with that in the desert (doing a circle on flat sand is not what we do on out drives!) - not real 4x4. But Gaurav is very skilled in guiding different types of cars and maybe he will assess you on the Absolute Newbie drive. For sure you should not venture on Fewbie drive at this stage. Just my 5c. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:

Eric, you should read the grading of off-road members for this group. You are a newbie for at least 5 Newbie drives, after which you can be promoted to Fewbie (and join those drives) subject to your skills with your vehicle. To be honest, I had a CRV before and I would not even do a Newbie drive with that in the desert (doing a circle on flat sand is not what we do on out drives!) - not real 4x4. But Gaurav is very skilled in guiding different types of cars and maybe he will assess you on the Absolute Newbie drive. For sure you should not venture on Fewbie drive at this stage. Just my 5c. 

Understood.... At this first moment i will try the newbie drive and see how things will happen.

Maybe in the future, switch to another car

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Erik Ean said:

Understood.... At this first moment i will try the newbie drive and see how things will happen.

Maybe in the future, switch to another car

Thanks @Erik Ean for understanding, this is what Kalahari was trying to explain that everyone here goes through this off-road grading structure.

However, if anyone has any previous off-road experience then he/she can share that on the first drive and trip lead will promote him/her to the deserving rank immediately after the first drive.

• Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Asif Hussain changed the title to COVID19 COMPLIANT - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive: Al Khatim - Abu Dhabi 26 June 2020

Important Information

Terms of use