•  

COVID19 COMPLIANT - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive: Al Khatim - Abu Dhabi 26 June 2020

Asif Hussain

Hi - I just saw these messages.

I agreed to the COVID 19 rules

Can you add me bsck to the drive? 

On 6/7/2020 at 2:22 PM, Gaurav said:

As we have been respecting authorities guidance & Carnity COVID guidelines to resume desert drives with caution by staying inside our car at all times.

Unfortunately few off-roaders have difficulty in understanding and abiding these guidelines.

As published in the national newspaper of UAE, everyone need to understand that still there are no gatherings allowed and authorities are issuing fine for 10,000 AED for host and 5,000 AED for attendees.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/health/people-caught-violating-covid-19-safety-instructions-prosecuted-1.1591381059748

Gulf News Prohibition.jpg

If we really like these offroad drives to continue, then everyone need to police each other at all times and remind everyone to be inside their cars at all times.

If you spot anyone stepping out of the car after deflation and before inflation, please remind them on the radio to go back inside their cars, immediately.

As we all are in this together, so we all have to help each other to remind and stop socializing during any stuck or at play area.

Failing to abide below list of restriction will result in ban from Carnity Off-road Club:

FIRST WARNING

• Minimum 1 month ban from driving with Carnity off-road Club.
  • Written warning will be issued by the trip lead.

SECOND WARNING

• Minimum 6 month ban from driving with Carnity off-road Club.
  • Written warning will be issued by the trip lead.

If you do not like these restrictions, please stay at home and do not join for any off-road drives.

Every Carnity Off-road Club Member has to COMPLY WITH THESE COVID19 GUIDELINES

• Stay inside the car - AT ALL TIMES - Except for inflating or deflating tires.
    • For inflation and deflation - ONLY ONE PERSON IS ALLOWED TO BE OUTSIDE.
    • FACE MASK IS MANDATORY, WHENEVER YOU STEP OUT - NO EXCUSES.
    • No one is allowed to step out of the car for any reason:
      • Not for stretching back and legs
      • Not for taking videos and photos
      • Not for socializing and chatting
      • Not for smoking or drinking
      • No kids playing/running
    • If you cannot stay in your car for 3+ hours, please do not join the drives.

• LEARN TO CONFIGURE YOUR RADIO, before the drive.
    • Nobody will teach you or exchange radios like before.
    • Read the detailed instructions posted here - to configure.
    • If you still cannot configure, ask on forum ahead of time.

• Only in case of EXTREME EMERGENCIES - You are allowed to step out
    • By taking trip lead / seniors permission.
    • By wearing face mask - Properly.
    • By maintaining 2-5 meter social distancing.
    • And go back in the car, immediately thereafter.

Click "TOTALLY AGREE" Emoji here before RSVP any drive or else trip lead will remove your name.

image.png

Hi - I just saw these messages.

Can you add me bsck to the drive? 

• WOW (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Osito Pilgreen said:

@Jeffrey Osito Pilgreen you need to read and agree COVID19 precaution on this drive. Make sure you read and click on right tab Totally Agree

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/15068-covid19-compliant-evening-fewbie-desert-drive-al-khatim-abu-dhabi-26-june-2020

Once done reply here and I will add you for today's drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Asif Hussain said:

@Jeffrey Osito Pilgreen you need to read and agree COVID19 precaution on this drive. Make sure you read and click on right tab Totally Agree

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/15068-covid19-compliant-evening-fewbie-desert-drive-al-khatim-abu-dhabi-26-june-2020

Once done reply here and I will add you for today's drive.

Totally agreed to this and also to the COVID rules

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Jeffrey Osito Pilgreen said:

Totally agreed to this and also to the COVID rules

@Jeffrey Osito Pilgreen thank you for understanding the rules and agreeing by clicking on right tab.

See you in the evening.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you all for joining the drive and following all precautionary measures throughout the drive.

@IMAMP @Remco Snoek @Jeffrey Osito Pilgreen @Martin. all reached on time and were waiting for me when I reached to the meeting point. We introduced ourself on radio and moved to the deflation point and after short check list and breafing through radio we started our drive. Me off-roading after a long break I kept it easy. I had marked my track in two parts, the first part as a warm up area, we drew there for 40mins with two stuck while ridge crossing   @IMAMP and @Jeffrey Osito Pilgreen tried self recovery but couldn't make it. We had to tug and kept moving. Second part we had some good set of small and medium size dunes were we did some side's and everyone performed well without any stuck, we were able to finish our drive on time by 7pm. I hope everyone in the convoy enjoyed the drive and looking forward to meetup again and explore some new areas.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Well done @Asif Hussain it's so good to see you back in the game after so long break.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Asif Hussain Thank You for leading the convoy and recover my car from back. Excellent!!!. We were very happy with the drive. For the "little naqrah", We must try again for that. :)   Thanks for the video @Remco Snoek

Edited by IMAMP
add Remco
  • Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use