•  
Advertise here

Pedal Commander - Jeeps

J J

Question for the Jeepers - Have you used a pedal commander ? I know its only faster throttle response and no real stat change on the performance - Do you feel a significant difference/ advantage when off -roading or on city drives.

PC.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

48 minutes ago, J J said:

Question for the Jeepers - Have you used a pedal commander ? I know its only faster throttle response and no real stat change on the performance - Do you feel a significant difference/ advantage when off -roading or on city drives.

PC.jpg

It's actually available for many cars, not only Jeeps. 

It alters the original signal from the throttle pedal to the ECU, and amplifies this signal to create a kind of "boost" feeling like if you would floor the pedal immediately. (based on the mode you choose of course). Eco mode does the opposite and numbs down your throttle behavior so the car behaves a bit less responsive.

I have seen the reviews and tests, but in my opinion Sports mode becomes a bit aggressive for the vehicle, and potentially might damage drive-train components. There is a reason why the original manufacturer tunes the throttle response to the vehicle. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."