•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 26 Jun 2020

Frederic

Drive Report

I was glad to see so many cars lining up at the Qudra deflation point. After spotting a few vehicles that I didn’t recognize, and seeing some flags popping up, I realized these were UAE Offroader guys. We gave them a friendly wave and moved on with our convoy that was equipped with a majority of Fewbies, and only one Absolute Newbie.

This drive went so well, that we managed to do more than 40kms in less than 3 hours, which is a testament to the skills my convoy had and how well they managed the very few refusals and mini-stucks.

Of course, having a second lead like @asifk helps. His ability to slightly alter the track and overall driving style  has again impressed me so much. A big thanks for that !

His friend @AviG joined us for the first time and drove very well. You were probably afraid of getting crested and as a result sometimes came over the dune a little too fast, which resulted in the front bumper getting unclipped. Rest assured that the more drives you do with us, the more you’ll find that finesse of pointing the car over a dune with ex actly enough momentum. I hope your lovely daughter is feeling better by now and we will see you all coming back soon. 

Talking about pointing, our friend 

@syed salman raza pointed his TJ perfectly over every dune and drove very well ! 

@Tbone was my center forward and did a great job in communicating and helping out over the radio with members having a refusal. @Janarthan is also finding his way in the Xterra, and drove very good !

The Wranglers did what they usually do, (no, not overheating). @Nacho, @Rajeevan Vickneswaran @Matti Brockman all drove like it was just another drive on the E11. Stunning job guys !

@Jose Martin with the shorty Pajero is a pleasure to see, always calm and composed, always having fun. Time for your Fewbie challenges my friend, you’re totally ready for it.

@Mels Wolf must have had time for a cup of tea and Dutch biscuits today. He was flying sweep but didn’t have to fly much. Nevertheless perfectly communicated and always a sharp eye on the convoy makes a sweep even better. Thanks for the support ! 

Lady Qudra was gentle on us today so we were able to ride some mini ridges, do some sidey’s and still even had time to spot some nice gazelles. 

Lady Qudra never disappoints and we shall be back again !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

Drive Report

I was glad to see so many cars lining up at the Qudra deflation point. After spotting a few vehicles that I didn’t recognize, and seeing some flags popping up, I realized these were UAE Offroader guys. We gave them a friendly wave and moved on with our convoy that was equipped with a majority of Fewbies, and only one Absolute Newbie.

This drive went so well, that we managed to do more than 40kms in less than 3 hours, which is a testament to the skills my convoy had and how well they managed the very few refusals and mini-stucks.

Of course, having a second lead like @asifk helps. His ability to slightly alter the track and overall driving style  has again impressed me so much. A big thanks for that !

His friend @AviG joined us for the first time and drove very well. You were probably afraid of getting crested and as a result sometimes came over the dune a little too fast, which resulted in the front bumper getting unclipped. Rest assured that the more drives you do with us, the more you’ll find that finesse of pointing the car over a dune with ex actly enough momentum. I hope your lovely daughter is feeling better by now and we will see you all coming back soon. 

Talking about pointing, our friend 

@syed salman raza pointed his TJ perfectly over every dune and drove very well ! 

@Tbone was my center forward and did a great job in communicating and helping out over the radio with members having a refusal. @Janarthan is also finding his way in the Xterra, and drove very good !

The Wranglers did what they usually do, (no, not overheating). @Nacho, @Rajeevan Vickneswaran @Matti Brockman all drove like it was just another drive on the E11. Stunning job guys !

@Jose Martin with the shorty Pajero is a pleasure to see, always calm and composed, always having fun. Time for your Fewbie challenges my friend, you’re totally ready for it.

@Mels Wolf must have had time for a cup of tea and Dutch biscuits today. He was flying sweep but didn’t have to fly much. Nevertheless perfectly communicated and always a sharp eye on the convoy makes a sweep even better. Thanks for the support ! 

Lady Qudra was gentle on us today so we were able to ride some mini ridges, do some sidey’s and still even had time to spot some nice gazelles. 

Lady Qudra never disappoints and we shall be back again !

Thanks @Frederic - it was a great smooth drive today with you. Also thanks @Mels Wolf for the pajero tips after the drive too. Glad @AviG made it for our first carnity drive together - hope we can do a lot more of them !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 3

thanks to Carnity for providing me with such a great opportunity to learn and drive in desert safely under supervision of skilled maeshalls  today was my third drive and learnt few more tricks from @Frederic and @asifk as leaders and rest of the team for support.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use