•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Sharjah - 3 July 2020

Frederic

Hi @Edgar Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club. This drive is a Newbie drive, as you are currently still Absolute Newbie within the club, we have a special drive for this level coming Friday in Al Qudra. Please sign out of this drive and sign up on the other drive as there is still available space.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

RSVP is now closed for this drive.

image.png.cb9e5b7e409a17a5618f0d5b43bb28b5.png

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe will be our second lead tomorrow, as he has done quite some drives with us now and always possessed good control and communication. 

We will be having a good mix of Newbie and Fewbie level drivers, and according to the response we can slowly bump up the level and see what the Mahafiz Jungle has in store for us.

@Wrangeld will be our flying sweep tomorrow, which means he can move around within the convoy and take in temporary positions within the convoy whenever required. He will also be your main line of support. 

Deflation is an important thing, and will make the difference between struggling and making it through the soft patches without issues. So please deflate to 12-13psi and double check again after +/- 2 hours. If you have 2 pressure gauges you can crosscheck them as we have seen sometimes big differences inbetween the different pressure gauges.

As always we are strictly adhering to the COVID19 precautions, so please take note of this and keep things safe for everyone.

This drive will start at 05:00. After deflation we will arrange the convoy numbering as above and head out immediately.

Radio channel 2 will be used for all communication (446.03125 Mhz). Please make sure you have your radio programmed as per our Walkie Talkie tutorial.

See you tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Drive Report:

The first drive of the year where I had to wake up at 3:00. Luckily I was not the only one in the house that had to wake up so that made it a bit easier. Arrived around 04:40 and Rajeevan was already there, eagerly waiting to hit the sand with the big blue Wrangler.

Syed Salman could not make it due to technical issues on the TJ. @Incognitoes was incognito today..

As we had a strong convoy I decided to brush the newbie+ level to see how our friends were doing and i wasn’t disappointed. Having seen some people grow this much in a matter of weeks makes me really happy. 
Things went so well that we reached Fossil Rock in around 90 mins although we played around a lot on the way there. After a chat with my sweep team @Wrangeld and @Jeepie we both decided nothing was gonna hold us back today and we would head out to Faya. We took the easy track to make sure we had enough play time in Faya and came across @Ale Vallecchi and @Vanessa8580 their convoy who was doing almost same route but in reverse direction.

Upon reaching Faya we see another Carnity convoy, this time our Intermediate crew under the lead of @Javier M. They were putting tire tracks on every square meter of the area, and we decided to play on the side of Faya and do some small ridge riding on the smaller dunes towards the buggy rental exit point. 

It seems Carnity convoys are taking over the UAE deserts. To all newcomers, rest assured that Carnity has big future plans and that you have come to the right place for safe off-roading adrenaline !

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe was doing his first second lead and I was very impressed as he managed it brilliantly and was pro active in rerouting and communicating with the convoy. 

I thank all who joined and hope to meet you all soon again !

Glad you guys had fun today!! Sorry I overslept Freddie + Crew - drank too much absinthe last night (I'm not kidding). 

Also, Are all drives going to be 5 am start going forward? (That would be hard for me unfortunately....) ....:(

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Frederic and @Wrangeld for the fantastic drive today. We had a lot of fun and some new learnings. I am looking forward for more drives with you guys. I think everyone in the convoy did a great job. @Jorge Stepniak Felippe@Rajeevan Vickneswaran, @Mehmet Volga, @George Francis, @Yousef Alimadadi and @marks, great driving guys. 

And yes, I will fix my flag next time!.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I had missed to join any fewbie drives this week but today's drive was like a fewbie already! Thanks to everybody for such a great time; of course to our leaders @Frederic @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Wrangeld 

It is equally fun to read @Wrangeld's drive reports; always look forward to see it after each drive!

Photos uploaded to gallery

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use