•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Faya - Sharjah - 3 Jul 2020

Ale Vallecchi

12 hours ago, Shiju Manuel said:

Hi @asifk just curies to know how you did the bumper cutting of your Paj. if you have any pictures pls share it, i too thinking of the same. 

@Shiju Manuel @asifk I am also thinking of this but on the non original bumper.  I think the non original will cost below 400

Do you think we should cut the original bumper. 

If anyone else want to share thoughts please advise.

• Like (+1) 3

Just to inform you that the nearest station to fill up the tank, coming from Dubai and Sharjah, is the following:

ADNOC Oasis | Al Qala 2

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3jqgyrimZa9DfTET9

See you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

I am hitting bed soon to get up early morning. Starting early before it heats up is definitely much better than waiting for the overheating cars to cool in the hot sun. Well planned 👍

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

I am hitting bed soon to get up early morning. Starting early before it heats up is definitely much better than waiting for the overheating cars to cool in the hot sun. Well planned 👍

That's how we drive through out the year and still enjoy desert in the summer when its blazing hot. 

Actually this year got bit late for night and late evening drives due to COVID timings and restrictions.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

31 minutes ago, asifk said:

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for the drive this morning. Im disappointed to have had to leave early. The transmission temperature light  in my Paj came on when we were in the very soft sand area, and i suspected 90% chance it was just the sand churning up causing the issues and on the flat track it would be fine. But Ale and @Vanessa8580 rightly recommended not risking the engine and exiting early. As it turned out, within 500m of exiting and driving on the tarmac the light disappeared and all was fine. I got the tyres filled up at adnoc and headed home. The epilogue to the story was that as I was driving home I saw a car stuck in sand on the side of the highway and a man and woman looking like they were about to get heatstroke. So I stopped, and it turned out they were trying to “test” their suv but the 4wd wasnt working and they had no rope, tools etc. I offered them water, fixed up the rope and towed them out of their sandy rut and got them onto the tarmac. Should have seen the look on their faces when I stopped and reversed back to them, they had been waiting for 30 mins in the sun. So I did my good deed for the day instead of having the longer desert drive - not too shabby  :-). See you all next time ! 

Well done @asifk that’s one of the things we always preach to help out others and especially now you have obtained the skills to do so ! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Magnifico drive @Ale Vallecchi. Thoroughly enjoyed the drive at Faya and Mahafiz. Absolutely no stucks and tugs,  just few refusals. Well driven everyone 👍

Thanks @Vanessa8580 and @Denizzalbayrak for all the help.some images uploaded in gallery 

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

4 hours ago, asifk said:

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for the drive this morning. Im disappointed to have had to leave early. The transmission temperature light  in my Paj came on when we were in the very soft sand area, and i suspected 90% chance it was just the sand churning up causing the issues and on the flat track it would be fine. But Ale and @Vanessa8580 rightly recommended not risking the engine and exiting early. As it turned out, within 500m of exiting and driving on the tarmac the light disappeared and all was fine. I got the tyres filled up at adnoc and headed home. The epilogue to the story was that as I was driving home I saw a car stuck in sand on the side of the highway and a man and woman looking like they were about to get heatstroke. So I stopped, and it turned out they were trying to “test” their suv but the 4wd wasnt working and they had no rope, tools etc. I offered them water, fixed up the rope and towed them out of their sandy rut and got them onto the tarmac. Should have seen the look on their faces when I stopped and reversed back to them, they had been waiting for 30 mins in the sun. So I did my good deed for the day instead of having the longer desert drive - not too shabby  :-). See you all next time ! 

Great @asifk. First of all, very good news that the car functions well. I do believe the decision was for the best, just in case. You will be back on the sand in no time.

And it's great that you managed to get some extra action, while (most importantly) literally saving the poor couple from a sun stroke, and possibly a damaged car. Well done!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use