•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning ABSOLUTE Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 3 Jul 2020

Srikumar

12 minutes ago, David Ortells said:

I believe I need a UHF radio ,

is that mandatory 

where can I get one at a good price?

Welcome @David Ortells to Carnity Offroad Club. Hope you have gone through the Newbie Briefing Video.

You can get a radio at Dragon mart as Sertac mentioned. But if you are unable to get one, dont worry. Will look at it tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Srikumar 

Happy to join this club and is excited about the drives to come. Please find my response below  

1. Which 4x4 do you drive? - Toyota Fj cruiser. 
2. Does your vehicle have front and rear tow points? - Yes. 
3. Have you had any prior offroading experience? 
I had done 2-3 desert drives in the past say 5 years ago. 
  •  

Hi @Srikumar

I have recently bought a compressor but never used and doesn’t really know how to. Can I expect some guidance to use it after the drive to inflate?

Also is there any shops near to our exit point to inflate in case that’s the option?

what is the radio frequency planned for our ride? I have a radio with many channels presets, so I can verify this. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

Welcome @David Ortells to Carnity Offroad Club. Hope you have gone through the Newbie Briefing Video.

You can get a radio at Dragon mart as Sertac mentioned. But if you are unable to get one, dont worry. Will look at it tomorrow. 

Thank you Srikumar .

I just watched the video and appreciate the help with the radio .

See you tomorrow 

• Well Done (+2) 2

All absolute newbies driving for the first time with Carnity off-road club, please watch 15 minutes newbie briefing video.

It is mandatory for everyone even if you have previous off-road experience.

Trip lead will verify by asking questions from the briefing, so please watch it in advance than watching it on deflation point and making the whole convoy wait.

@Biju Abdul @Adam Koster @Islam Soliman @Anam Fatima @Ahmed Farghaly @Edgar @David Ortells

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Probably yes. 

Can you please take a closer and clear picture in hi res of the right and left chassis channel (bar).

Because those chassis channels have few holes on which that eyelet sits, so if those holes are accessible and not too far off, we can use the soft shackle (in case of emergency - this week) and you get the tow point install for next week.

@Ahmed Farghaly were you able to check on what Gaurav mentioned, i.e., is there any hole that is bolted on to the chassis. This is an important requirement for tomorrow's drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED

Convoy Numbering 

1. Srikumar - Lead
2. Paolo Dassi - Second Lead
3. Islam Soliman
4. Biju Abdul
5. Ahmed Farghaly
6. Edgar
7. David  Ortells
8. Syed Salman
9. Adam Mister
10. Sertac - Sweep

@Anam Fatima as you have not provided any of your vehicle's detail nor have Totally Agreed on the COVID-19 regulations, your name has been removed for tomorrow's drive list.

All drivers need to reach the meeting point by sharp at 5:00 AM. Please ensure that you park at atleast 10 m distance from each other.

Also, do ensure that you have gone through the Newbie Briefing Video.

Those who have radios need to program the 5 frequencies of Carnity Off-road Club. Details on how to program the radio are mentioned in the below post. For those who don't have, we shall discuss on it tomorrow morning.

See you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED

Convoy Numbering 

1. Srikumar - Lead
2. Paolo Dassi - Second Lead
3. Islam Soliman
4. Biju Abdul
5. Ahmed Farghaly
6. Edgar
7. David  Ortells
8. Syed Salman
9. Adam Mister
10. Sertac - Sweep

@Anam Fatima as you have not provided any of your vehicle's detail nor have Totally Agreed on the COVID-19 regulations, your name has been removed for tomorrow's drive list.

All drivers need to reach the meeting point by sharp at 5:00 AM. Please ensure that you park at atleast 10 m distance from each other.

Also, do ensure that you have gone through the Newbie Briefing Video.

Those who have radios need to program the 5 frequencies of Carnity Off-road Club. Details on how to program the radio are mentioned in the below post. For those who don't have, we shall discuss on it tomorrow morning.

See you tomorrow.

Hi

1. Black Jeep wrangler 

2. Yes

3. No

I have done the requirements you have asked for 

• Confused (0) 1

8 hours ago, Srikumar said:

@Ahmed Farghaly were you able to check on what Gaurav mentioned, i.e., is there any hole that is bolted on to the chassis. This is an important requirement for tomorrow's 

Edited by Ahmed Farghaly

TRIP REPORT

Due to COVID-19, it's been a while since we had so many fresh faces on a drive and hence I was pretty excited for this drive. It's wonderful that there is a trend of being at the meeting point on or before the scheduled time. It was also good to see that those who brought radios had taken the effort to program them before the drive. After a quick introduction and brief for the Absolute Newbies we started moving.

@paolo dassi was my second lead and he did a splendid job of following instructions, responding clearly and keeping adequate gap incase of any route correction.

@Islam Solimanhad a real challenge today in getting to know his monstrous GMC Yukon. But as the drive progressed you could see the confidence and better throttle control. Well done as that is certainly not an easy car to drive on the sand. As mentioned I strongly recommend that you remove the Air Dam (Lower Front bumper extension) so that you have better approach angles for future drives.

@Biju Abdul had joined with his FJ and I hardly heard anything from him, even in the form of a refusal. Bravo. 

@Anam Fatima managed herself pretty well and the number of refusals kept reducing as the drive was progressing. It's a sign of growing confidence and better control. However, for the next drive please ensure that you have proper rated tow points at the front. Even though you have a metal bumper which is bolted onto the chassis, it will most likely not be accepted by the lead on the next drive.

@David Ortells  and @Edgar had absolutely no issues at the back of the convoy and were nicely gliding through the dunes with a lot of ease. 

And finally big thanks to @sertac for supporting the drive and to be more than willing to help recover some of the stuck vehicles when needed.

Hope you guys had a good drive, for I most certainly did. See you next time

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use