•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning ABSOLUTE Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 3 Jul 2020

Srikumar

It was great meeting you all today and I personally had lost of fun and learned a lot.. @Srikumar what a great coach you are.. thank you.. @sertac thanks for helping pulling me out a couple of times.. everyone, sorry I held you back a couple of times today.. promise next time will be better ISA.. see u all soon

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

13 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

It was great meeting you all today and I personally had lost of fun and learned a lot.. @Srikumar what a great coach you are.. thank you.. @sertac thanks for helping pulling me out a couple of times.. everyone, sorry I held you back a couple of times today.. promise next time will be better ISA.. see u all soon

@Islam Solimangetting stuck and being recovered is all part of the fun and learning excercise. There is nothing to be sorry about. See you next time

• Totally Agree (+2) 3

23 hours ago, Srikumar said:

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED

Convoy Numbering 

1. Srikumar - Lead
2. Paolo Dassi - Second Lead
3. Islam Soliman
4. Biju Abdul
5. Ahmed Farghaly
6. Edgar
7. David  Ortells
8. Syed Salman
9. Adam Mister
10. Sertac - Sweep

@Anam Fatima as you have not provided any of your vehicle's detail nor have Totally Agreed on the COVID-19 regulations, your name has been removed for tomorrow's drive list.

All drivers need to reach the meeting point by sharp at 5:00 AM. Please ensure that you park at atleast 10 m distance from each other.

Also, do ensure that you have gone through the Newbie Briefing Video.

Those who have radios need to program the 5 frequencies of Carnity Off-road Club. Details on how to program the radio are mentioned in the below post. For those who don't have, we shall discuss on it tomorrow morning.

See you tomorrow.

Thanks srikumar for the drive i had fun and enjoyed myself during the drive. I will definitely try to get the hooks on in my next drive. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 2

Trip report from my eye.

It was an amazing drive. Everyone was there on time. We started after checking all the cars tire pressures and hooks. A small brief was given by Sri and he ask few questions to make sure everyone watch the newbie brief video.

Sri really knows how to build the pace. Today i am sure our absolute newbies learned a lot. They learned how to go strait up and straight down. They learned how to do small side slopes. They learned how to deal with refusals and they learned how to deal with stucks. I saw some people had struggle at the beginning but with time everyone warmed up and they followed the convoy perfectly. Very big thanks to @Srikumar for great lead. @paolo dassi showed his talent as 2th lead. He did the right moves to keep the convoy safe. Thanks to all participants for this great drive. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Great drive, amazing reading of convoy level of confidence from @Srikumar. Started easy and lifted the level little by little as drivers confidence increased. Definitely a good and enjoyable newbie drive, some refusals and stucks here and there always happily and efficiently solved with the help of @Srikumar and @sertac. Any stuck and refusal teaches something and they are definitely part of any drive! At the beginning sand seemed to be quite hard with dunes shaped by the wind blowing the couple of days before the drive, while it became softer as the drive progressed. All in all yet another great experience, thank you to all the participants and see you next time! Some pictures and a video here as usual.

Edited by paolo dassi
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use