•  
Advertise here

ABS is not resetting after changing the breaks on my Audi

i got the rear rotor disc replaced and even the pads as the were due to be changed. The ABS and warning indicator comes and stays on and after that the brakes work well with no noises nor any sensations from the brake pedal.

When switching the car off and back on, the ABS system is reset and the procedure duplicates itself which I read the manual that explained the procedure of the ABS system will re-adjust after replacing parts, but this dose not appear to be settling itself.

Change the brake sensor too, which actually communicate with the ABS block to tell that there is something wrong (brake finishing etc). If you have already changed the brake sensor in pad and drum and still getting this ABS light, it means that there is something actually wrong in brake lines, brake fluid system, ABS modulator (block) itself, Master cylinder. Get computerized check to read which fault code it shows. Diagnostic guys should able to read that code and translate into which part is faulty for you. Go to good garage mate.

• 1 year later...