•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 10 Jul 2020

Frederic

Hiya! Absolute newbie here and would like to join Al Qudra this Friday morning if possible? Finding it confusing to navigate the calendar so apologies if I'm doing it wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Lisa Pemberton said:

Hiya! Absolute newbie here and would like to join Al Qudra this Friday morning if possible? Finding it confusing to navigate the calendar so apologies if I'm doing it wrong.

Hi @Lisa Pemberton
welcome to Carnity Off-road Club ! 

Could you please do the following ?

1) Please reply which car you are driving, if you have prior offroad experience, and confirm if your vehicle's front and back towpoints are in perfect condition.

2) Please take your time to go through the briefing video and let us know which offroad-tools you have or don't have yet.

3) Please read the separate topic about Covid19 precautions and click on the "totally agree" emoji as confirmation that you have read and agreed with these precautions.

4) You'll need to RSVP on the drive calendar. On Carnity Home page you will see all the UPCOMING EVENTS which are scheduled. Click on the Absolute newbie drive and in the left corner you will see the RSVP signup (as pic below). Now click on "GOING" and your name will appear on the RSVP list.

image.png.91b0e20b1e84c7b6c1e5e251320e2b69.png

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Following video might be useful:

@Lisa Pemberton @topgear @Siobhan

• Like (+1) 2

Hi Frederic,

This is the first time I’m planning to join the drive. Can you please let me know where i can get a Safety flag for the car ? 

As for the car detail please see below:

1) Jeep Wrangler 

2) I have driven off-road once or twice 

3) yes, the hooks front and back are in perfect condition

Thanks and looking forward to the drive!

Taha Elghuel 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Siobhan @Lisa Pemberton due to the big success the Al Qudra drive has been fully booked by now. 

There is however still some available spots in the Newbie Evening Drive. If you are both quick enough and interested you can RSVP on this drive. 

Radio is not mandatory on the very first drive.

7FB63D19-8DC5-4B63-B634-50C1CA7E813D.jpeg.332e24b5b254f0d922dc0937c44e2224.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

Following video might be useful:

@Lisa Pemberton @topgear @Siobhan

Thank you - getting the message RSVP Limit reached, though. Also regarding the radios and other equipment. Is it necessary to have everything as a newbie on the first drive? I'm living in RAK so I don't think I can get a radio before Friday.

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 7.34.23 PM.png

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Frederic said:

Hi @Siobhan @Lisa Pemberton due to the big success the Al Qudra drive has been fully booked by now. 

There is however still some available spots in the Newbie Evening Drive. If you are both quick enough and interested you can RSVP on this drive. 

Ah ok thank you. I'll check with the others but I think as we are all Absolute Newbies we'd maybe prefer to be with a total beginners group.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lisa Pemberton said:

Ah ok thank you. I'll check with the others but I think as we are all Absolute Newbies we'd maybe prefer to be with a total beginners group.

Dear. No worries about the drive level. There is hardly any difference between the absolute newbie and newbie level, our drive marshal will make sure you are safe at all times and will guide you through every step. 
We only recently added separate absolute newbie drives to our schedule due to the popularity. 

• Like (+1) 1

Totally agree with @Frederic, being an absolute newbie, you can join any newbie or absolute newbie drive available as per your convenience.

Please make sure to go through and understand the Absolute Newbie Briefing before your drive.

It's really very important and MUST, as every trip lead will ask question to verify.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use