•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 10 Jul 2020

Frederic

17 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Hi @Sreejith Sreenivasan welcome to Carnity off-road club.

LR2 (some models) are really good for offroad being small and powerful. Which year model and spec LR2 you have? I6 or I4?

Also please share the front and back tow point pictures, as some LR2 didn't had proper rear tow hooks.

Hi @Gaurav, thanks a lot!

It is an I6, 2012 model. I will click some pictures and send you soon.

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

26 minutes ago, Sreejith Sreenivasan said:

Hi @Gaurav, thanks a lot!

It is an I6, 2012 model. I will click some pictures and send you soon.

Thanks

@Gaurav Here you go!

Towhook-front.jpg

towhook-rear.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi Fred

This will be my first time driving in the desert. I’m having a 2012 Nissan Xterra. Front and rear hooks are in perfect condition. Additional to Radio and Flag please advise what else is required to be arranged? 
My friend will be accompanying, he is also a member of Carnity. Does he require to respond separately?

Thanks and excited to join the team. 

Mukundan

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mukundan Nair said:

Hi Fred

This will be my first time driving in the desert. I’m having a 2012 Nissan Xterra. Front and rear hooks are in perfect condition. Additional to Radio and Flag please advise what else is required to be arranged? 
My friend will be accompanying, he is also a member of Carnity. Does he require to respond separately?

Thanks and excited to join the team. 

Mukundan

Hi @Mukundan Nair welcome to Carnity !

For your first drive with us, the main requirement is making sure the hooks are in perfect condition, so we can recover you safely in case you get stuck. If you can arrange a radio and flag by Friday that would be great, and a tool to deflate your tyres. Apart from that, please go through the original drive post with the Newbie video briefing, the link with Covid19 precautions, and click on the "totally agreed" emoji to confirm that you agree with the precautions.

Which member is your friend ? 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

48 minutes ago, Adam Koster said:

I couldn't make last weekend but aim to make this one.

Hope you can make it :) 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Mukundan Nair welcome to Carnity !

For your first drive with us, the main requirement is making sure the hooks are in perfect condition, so we can recover you safely in case you get stuck. If you can arrange a radio and flag by Friday that would be great, and a tool to deflate your tyres. Apart from that, please go through the original drive post with the Newbie video briefing, the link with Covid19 precautions, and click on the "totally agreed" emoji to confirm that you agree with the precautions.

Which member is your friend ? 

Hi Fred,

His Name is Vineeth John . We both joined today only.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Mukundan Nair said:

Hi Fred,

His Name is Vineeth John . We both joined today only.

He will join with his own car or be your passenger ?

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Frederic,

I am new to everything. To the site, as member, to desert driving. I want to join this Friday’s drive, I’d bring a friend along. Just want to make sure I have joined the drive ”properly”. Of the equipment I think I’ve got the essentials, but not the radios...

Please let me know if I need to do anything more at this point.

Looking very much forward to this!!

/Christian

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Christian Andras said:

Hi Frederic,

I am new to everything. To the site, as member, to desert driving. I want to join this Friday’s drive, I’d bring a friend along. Just want to make sure I have joined the drive ”properly”. Of the equipment I think I’ve got the essentials, but not the radios...

Please let me know if I need to do anything more at this point.

Looking very much forward to this!!

/Christian

Hi @Christian Andras welcome to Carnity Off-road Club ! 

Please share with us the following info: 

- Which 4x4 are you driving ?

- Any prior off-road experience?

- Is the vehicle equipped with tow hooks on the front and back and are they in perfect condition?

About the radio it is not mandatory for your first drive as we can give you a spare one, only from second drive onwards you’ll need to obtain your own radio. 

Please also confirm that you’ve seen the briefing video, and will comply with the Covid precautions by clicking the “totally agree” emoji in that post.

Do not hesitate to post your questions here, we will help you out. 

Hi @Magellan 

Please note that this drive is reserved for Absolute newbies only. As you’ve been driving with us before please book into one of the available newbie drives.

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use