•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 10 Jul 2020

Frederic

Dear Frederic,

It’s a 2017 FJ Cruiser, no modifications other than really good off-road tires. The car has original tow hooks back and front, but also a tow hitch, however I only have the “ball” adapter, I don’t know if I should use the hitch or the original hook if I have to pull somebody out. In that case I should buy a proper adapter for the hitch.

I also plan to add a 10 mm aluminum skid plate in front instead of the original one, but I won’t make it this week, I hope though I don’t need this for a Newbe tour...:-)

I have never driven in the desert with proper car, however I participated in a 6days race in Marocco desert with a 30-y old Fiat Panda 2x4...So I definitely see myself as newbe...

48F538A7-98E7-48F9-8022-D775BBEBE672.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Christian Andras said:

Dear Frederic,

It’s a 2017 FJ Cruiser, no modifications other than really good off-road tires. The car has original tow hooks back and front, but also a tow hitch, however I only have the “ball” adapter, I don’t know if I should use the hitch or the original hook if I have to pull somebody out. In that case I should buy a proper adapter for the hitch.

I also plan to add a 10 mm aluminum skid plate in front instead of the original one, but I won’t make it this week, I hope though I don’t need this for a Newbe tour...:-)

I have never driven in the desert with proper car, however I participated in a 6days race in Marocco desert with a 30-y old Fiat Panda 2x4...So I definitely see myself as newbe...

48F538A7-98E7-48F9-8022-D775BBEBE672.jpeg

Thanks @Christian Andras. Tow ball should never be used for vehicle recovery, as it can come off and become a deadly projectile. We can use your rear tow hook to recover you, so no worries.

Skid plate is useful from Fewbie level onwards. 

See you on Friday !

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Ok, thanks. So no point buying recovery hook (see picture).

Anyway, looking forward to meeting all on Friday and getting some more answers :-)

Anyway, I bought a proper 14 tonnes kinetic recovery rope and 2 soft shackles, so I hope to make it.

/Chris

7BEAAA1A-8D40-46CD-9174-ED9A1C1CF096.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi @Melenany @Incognitoes as this is a drive for Absolute Newbies only (very first Carnity drive), i have removed your names from the list. Please signup for one of the Newbie drives this weekend or add yourself to the waiting list of those drives.

Thanks !

Hi @Nabil Bishara welcome to Carnity Off-road Club ! 

Please share with us the following info: 

- Which 4x4 are you driving ?

- Any prior off-road experience?

Hi @h1fny welcome to Carnity Off-road Club ! 

Dear @Ahmed Farghaly @Nabil Bishara @Mukundan Nair @Adam Koster @Christian Andras @h1fny

To make sure you understand and agree with our COVID19 precautions, we would like to ask you to click on the "Totally Agree" image.png.185f63d43a984d0db3f3b7875aa80db2.png

icon in the Covid19 Precautions Topic.

Below a video on how to do this:

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Nabil Bishara welcome to Carnity Off-road Club ! 

- Which 4x4 are you driving ? Jeep Wrangler Sports 2020

- Any prior off-road experience? No. Passenger seat once with a friend.

Hi @h1fny welcome to Carnity Off-road Club ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Frederic 

I have a Jeep Wrangler (JLU) 2019. I've just installed a lift kit and BFG tyres. 

My off-road experience is very limited - to the extent that my Cherokee SRT allows! Literally just off the road.

Keen to get involved in real off roading.

Craig

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, h1fny said:

@Frederic 

I have a Jeep Wrangler (JLU) 2019. I've just installed a lift kit and BFG tyres. 

My off-road experience is very limited - to the extent that my Cherokee SRT allows! Literally just off the road.

Keen to get involved in real off roading.

Craig

Thanks for the information Craig, we will make sure that in a couple of weeks you'll be able to traverse dunes from all directions with us :) 

Please click on the Totally Agreed Emoji in the Covid19 precautions post, this is mandatory before being allowed on the drive,

See you on Friday !

• Like (+1) 1

@Frederic Hey Fred, just wanted to check with you if I'm good to go. I got my Radio and Flag yesterday. Hope I made it to Friday's list.

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use