•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 10 Jul 2020

Wrangeld

1 hour ago, Janarthan said:

Hello @Wrangeld, I am dropping out too. Will join the newbie drive. 

Hi Janarthan. 

Thanks for the update. Have fun. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, siddharth maheshwari said:

Hello @Wrangeld am i still at the 1st number on the waiting list.

Indeed, Siddarth - not forgotten. End of today is the close out for RSVP and then we will know the final tally. 

• Like (+1) 1

@AKR, @Mehmet Volga, @Rajeevan Vickneswaran, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, @Gaurav, @siddharth maheshwari, @Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Anish S, @Chaitanya D, @Magellan@Brette, @Foxtrot Oscar, @RohanH

Thanks for signing up for the Solar Park Fewbie drive tomorrow morning (at 5am). 

THIS DRIVE IS NOW CLOSED

It's a lovely Thursday morning in Dubai/Sharjah and by this time tomorrow morning, we hope to be out of the desert having made the most of the Solar Park dunes, and enjoyed a Fewbie drive that should be a fun and challenging drive. 

The drive tomorrow is planned to take us through some technical dunes (more challenging for the longer wheel base vehicles), some excellent long wide dunes so we can practice driving across the dunes and some nice play areas. We will try to pay attention to some less practiced skills in the Newbie drives such as sideys across the dunes and some climbing. There should be plenty of time for 'play', depending on the number of stucks and how busy the dunes are at that time of the morning. 

Below is the convoy list, so you know where you are in the convoy and are expected to be. 

Radio Channel will be Carnity Channel 2 for this drive. If for some reason you did not yet program your radio, DO IT NOW. There is an excellent guide on how to do this written by @Frederic.

There will be no time for nor anyone avaialble to reprogram your radio tomorrow morning. If you are really in trouble with the radio then ping a message here and we will try to help you through the prcess. Arriving tomorrow morning with a problem radio means you will not be driving. 

So they can prepare themselves mentally. 

2nd lead - @AKR, Centre Forward @Gaurav and @Foxtrot Oscar will sweep. 

Sand conditions: The sand is soft and will suck you in, especially where we are headed ... but more on that tomorrow in the drive brief. Advice is to deflate to 12psi. 

@Lorenzo Candelpergher - I know you prefer to leave the pressure higher, but there are 4 cars behind you in the convoy and they need to get through the track as well, so please take the pressure a little lower to accommodate this. 

Please deflate and get your flag erected as soon as you arrive so we can get moving ASAP. The meeting point is on tarmac. We will drive into the dunes along a track so deflation on the flat will be best. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning. Should anything unexpected happen and you are unable to attend, please let us know. Otherwise, by no later than 5.10 we will be leaving without you.

image.png.21fa91510d9803938450d4d15515525a.png

Edited by Wrangeld
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

@Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Magellan, @Chaitanya D, @AKR, @Foxtrot Oscar, @siddharth maheshwari, @Brette

MUST READ BEFORE THE DRIVE

It has been brought to my attention that you did not yet confirm with Totally Agree to the post below. 

Please make sure you have agreed to this before tomorrow morning. No icon in the right place, no drive (and an early start, all for nothing!)

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

@AKR, @Mehmet Volga, @Rajeevan Vickneswaran, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, @Gaurav, @siddharth maheshwari, @Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Anish S, @Chaitanya D, @Magellan@Brette, @Foxtrot Oscar

Thanks for signing up for the Solar Park Fewbie drive tomorrow morning (at 5am). 

THIS DRIVE IS NOW CLOSED

It's a lovely Thursday morning in Dubai/Sharjah and by this time tomorrow morning, we hope to be out of the desert having made the most of the Solar Park dunes, and enjoyed a Fewbie drive that should be a fun and challenging drive. 

The drive tomorrow is planned to take us through some technical dunes (more challenging for the longer wheel base vehicles), some excellent long wide dunes so we can practice driving across the dunes and some nice play areas. We will try to pay attention to some less practiced skills in the Newbie drives such as sideys across the dunes and some climbing. There should be plenty of time for 'play', depending on the number of stucks and how busy the dunes are at that time of the morning. 

Below is the convoy list, so you know where you are in the convoy and are expected to be. 

Radio Channel will be Carnity Channel 2 for this drive. If for some reason you did not yet program your radio, DO IT NOW. There is an excellent guide on how to do this written by @Frederic.

There will be no time for nor anyone avaialble to reprogram your radio tomorrow morning. If you are really in trouble with the radio then ping a message here and we will try to help you through the prcess. Arriving tomorrow morning with a problem radio means you will not be driving. 

Sand conditions: The sand is soft and will suck you in, especially where we are headed ... but more on that tomorrow in the drive brief. Advice is to deflate to 12psi. 

@Lorenzo Candelpergher - I know you prefer to leave the pressure higher, but there are 4 cars behind you in the convoy and they need to get through the track as well, so please take the pressure a little lower to accommodate this. 

Please deflate and get your flag erected as soon as you arrive so we can get moving ASAP. The meeting point is on tarmac. We will drive into the dunes along a track so deflation on the flat will be best. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning. Should anything unexpected happen and you are unable to attend, please let us know. Otherwise, by no later than 5.10 we will be leaving without you.

image.png.29d89d1ccff835d1b813ad64d74f9619.png

Hi @Wrangeld, thanks for the recommendation. I believe have come to terms with my tyre pressure concerns, having done a few more rides in the last weeks and having understood what I was doing wrong (too much power while wheels are turned or while sliding at very slow speed). I'm now deflating at 13psi for rear tyres and 15psi for the front ones, which seems to work pretty well (I was on 16-17psi before, due to pop-out concerns), along with a bit more attention to keeping more momentum. 

Edited by Lorenzo Candelpergher
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

@AKR, @Mehmet Volga, @Rajeevan Vickneswaran, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, @Gaurav, @siddharth maheshwari, @Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Anish S, @Chaitanya D, @Magellan@Brette, @Foxtrot Oscar

THIS DRIVE IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.29d89d1ccff835d1b813ad64d74f9619.png

@Wrangeld My name is missing in convoy list. Can you please update it.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Magellan, @Chaitanya D, @AKR, @Foxtrot Oscar, @siddharth maheshwari, @Brette

MUST READ BEFORE THE DRIVE

It has been brought to my attention that you did not yet confirm with Totally Agree to the post below. 

Please make sure you have agreed to this before tomorrow morning. No icon in the right place, no drive (and an early start, all for nothing!)

Done 👍

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RohanH said:

@Wrangeld My name is missing in convoy list. Can you please update it.

My mistake - you did, indeed sign up early. Revised. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Hi @Wrangeld, thanks for the recommendation. I believe have come to terms with my tyre pressure concerns, having done a few more rides in the last weeks and having understood what I was doing wrong (too much power while wheels are turned or while sliding at very slow speed). I'm now deflating at 13psi for rear tyres and 15psi for the front ones, which seems to work pretty well (I was on 16-17psi before, due to pop-out concerns), along with a bit more attention to keeping more momentum. 

Good remark @Lorenzo Candelpergher, the issue you have is that your tyres are low-profile, which are good for on-road, but due to the small sidewall not that good for offroad and deflation. Most of our members with low-profile tyres later on changed to an offroad tyre with bigger side-wall, and/or a smaller rim. This makes sure that even on 12 psi you won't be hitting the rims.

In the winter you can easily drive at 16-18psi due to the sand being much more harder, in the summer you'll indeed need to use lots and lots of power to pull you though the terrain because of slippage as you are not floating on the sand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use