•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 10 Jul 2020

Gaurav

I agree DM is bit tough, but if you park exactly here DM is the fastest way in and out.

Hardware section - car tools have pressure gauge and deflator. Offroad shop will have flag and suction clamp.

https://goo.gl/maps/NReRaWWCWMWed8Zv5

25°10'25.3"N 55°24'53.4"E

25.173702, 55.414835

image.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

7 minutes ago, Frederic said:

pressure gauge, ACE or Speedex. The flag you will only find in Dragon Mart or specific offroad shops.

I remember seeing the AOR flags in ACE in festival Centre a week before. Ramy automotive in Al quoz and Marshal Auto Care in Um Ramool also used to stock some flags and mounts. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Lisa PembertonI have been to ACE and Speedex around 10 days ago, there was the flag with the suction mounting bracket as well as you wanted a place where you can get in and out quickly right.

You can also try the Dragon Mart section EA it is, to make it quicker for you.

See you for the drive😊

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

As we are getting ready for tomorrow's evening drive, this is a reminder to all participants 

Everyone please ensure you have clicked "Totally Agree" on the COVID-19 regulations and on Carnity Ban Post .

We need a formal confirmation that you have understood the regulations and would comply with them. 

PREPARATION FOR THE DRIVE AND WHAT TO EXPECT

1) please ensure that you reach the meeting point on time, i.e., 5:00 PM sharp.

2) The senior members on the drive would be Myself and @Jeepie

3) Convoy numbering

1. Gaurav - Silver Pajero - Crew
  2. Yousef Alimadadi - White Pajero - Fewbie
  3. MlHazim - Grey Wrangler - Absolute Newbie
  4. Lisa Pemberton  - Black Pajero Absolute Newbie
  5. Siobhan - Absolute Newbie
  6. Kieran McKeown - Renault Duster - Absolute Newbie
  7. Heisem - FJ Cruiser - Absolute Newbie
  8. Jeepie - Advance - Green Wrangler
  9. Veedooshee - White Pajero - Newbie
  10. Edgar - Black Wrangler - Newbie
  11. Biju Abdul - FJ Cruiser - Newbie
  12. VipinShetty - Red Jeep Cherokee - Fewbie
  13. tjsingh - Red Pajero - Fewbie
  14. Mahmoud Hamzawy - Grey Prado - Fewbie

4) @MlHazim @Lisa Pemberton @Siobhan @Heisem @Kieran McKeown

Please make sure to go through and understand the Absolute Newbie Briefing before your drive.

It's really very important and MUST, as I will ask question to verify it.

5) Once you reach the meeting point, please turn on your radios. We will be using Carnity Channel 1 tomorrow. (446.00625 Mhz). The instructions to program the radio are provided in the below post 

6) All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. If it requires pulling the fuse, please do the needful. In case of any queries you can always ask the senior members. 

7) Deflate to 15 psi. In case if you have any difficulties you can approach the senior members who would assist you. 

8) Feel free to ask questions on the radio or announce if you have a problem.

We shall be starting the drive from Mahafiz, and enter the desert through some nice easy tracks and dunes so that you can get familiar with your vehicle. As the convoy's confidence increases I shall be gradually increasing the level of the drive keeping in mind everyone's comfort level. We will be driving for about 3 hours, practice driving in sand, proper steering control, crossing some dunes, and getting you and your vehicle accustomed to off-roading in general. 

By 08:30 we will be heading out, where you can inflate the tyres with your compressor or we will reach an ADNOC fuel station for inflation.

See you on the sand tomorrow. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hey guys, 

Regarding ABS and airbags fuse, not sure about the location of that as I never done it, is it necessary for this drive? 

On another note, I got a bracket for the flag pole installed, Ramy garage employee told me its better than the suction one from AOR because those can fall off but i haven't tested it though. Has anyone tested it? 

Lastly when do you guys use the option 5 narrow frequency ? 

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Heisem said:

Hey guys, 

Regarding ABS and airbags fuse, not sure about the location of that as I never done it, is it necessary for this drive? 

On another note, I got a bracket for the flag pole installed, Ramy garage employee told me its better than the suction one from AOR because those can fall off but i haven't tested it though. Has anyone tested it? 

Lastly when do you guys use the option 5 narrow frequency ? 

For ABS and SRS for FJC @Ale Vallecchi might help and advise if its OK for newbie level.

Flag, all are good, as far as you know how to use it. I used twin spot suction bracket for 2 years in my land cruiser and even drove at 120 on highway by mistake and it was still holding fine.

@Frederic can advise for narrow frequency.

• Like (+1) 2

@Heisem it will depend on the FJ's year. Later models (at least since 2011) should have buttons to switch these features off.

For the lateral airbags use the RSCT button:

https://youtu.be/jd7tppopYcc

For the ABS, if you don't have a button, you may disable them by detaching a cable, as shown in this link:

https://youtu.be/ATjp85tWn-k

The best option is to have a "kill switch" installed to disable the electronic features in the car. You should make sure the kill switch also disables the airbags, as it often doesn't, in which case you may have to install an "ad hoc" button.

Enjoy the drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 hours ago, Gaurav said:

For ABS and SRS for FJC @Ale Vallecchi might help and advise if its OK for newbie level.

Flag, all are good, as far as you know how to use it. I used twin spot suction bracket for 2 years in my land cruiser and even drove at 120 on highway by mistake and it was still holding fine.

@Frederic can advise for narrow frequency.

Most radios have the option to either broadcast on the wide band (20khz) or narrowband frequency (12.5khz). 

Because the Carnity frequencies are spaced quite close to each other and with so many different brands and models of radios which are not always broadcasting accurately within their intended range there is sometimes interference when using wide band setting. That’s why we advise using the narrowband setting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use