•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 10 Jul 2020

Gaurav

15 minutes ago, MlHazim said:

i am missing a few things so i will have to cancel today. how can i change my RSVP though?

What are you missing?

You just need a deflator and tire pressure gauge. 

I can lend u a spare radio, if you need.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

50 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

What are you missing?

You just need a deflator and tire pressure gauge. 

I can lend u a spare radio, if you need.

i have everything, except i stored it earlier in Al dhaid in a warehouse. i have a shovel, deflator, flag, radio, jack, pressure gauge, synthetic rope and shackles, etc.. i couldn't reach the warehouse however today and so i have at the moment. 

will see you all on the next Friday drive for sure though. cannot be more excited and i apologize for cancelling on such short notice! 

have a lovely trip and be safe. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Convoy numbering

1. Gaurav - Silver Pajero - Crew
  2. Yousef Alimadadi - White Pajero - Fewbie
  3. Lisa Pemberton  - Black Pajero Absolute Newbie
  4. Siobhan - Absolute Newbie
  5. Kieran McKeown - Renault Duster - Absolute Newbie
  6. Heisem - FJ Cruiser - Absolute Newbie
  7. Jeepie - Green Wrangler - Advance
  8. Veedooshee - White Pajero - Newbie
  9. Edgar - Black Wrangler - Newbie
  10. Biju Abdul - FJ Cruiser - Newbie
  11. VipinShetty - Red Jeep Cherokee - Newbie
  12. tjsingh - Red Pajero - Fewbie
  • Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have had the privilege of yet another amazing drive with the Legend @Gaurav supported by the @Wrangeld and @Jeepie.

Despite a few issues which we had a few of the Pajero cars, we still had a fantastic drive and a lot to observe and learn from. The car heating issues popping out every now and then reminds us of always keeping an eye on the dashboard for anything not looking so normal. And communication is the key! Share it on the radio, you will definitely get advices and help..

The team drove really nice and easy today with a few small refusals but nothing major. We also had the pleasure to watch some stunning performances of our members @Gaurav@Wrangeld, @Jeepie and @Anish S at the play areas.

At some point, our sweep had some car issues as well and had to be exited and @Anish S helped us as a sweep today.

A trip which was well managed and coordinated (as we had to change convoy positions once or twice) and over and above ensured the safety of all while enjoying the dunes.

Thank you so much for a nice, smooth and enjoyable sunset drive☺️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

The One For Newbies

Second trip out of the day, and a change of position and perspective. As I had led the Fewbie drive in the morning @Jeepie took driving resposibility. We intended to switch at some stage ... but that's another story.

With an Absolute Newbie drive, it takes longer to get going. For people who have never ventured off road before, understanding all the informaiton, buying all the kit, understadning what needs to be done once you arrive can add to the excitement. So, having helped @Lisa Pemberton and @Siobhan to deflate and remove the necessary switches and fuses, a good briefing by @Gaurav and a welcome back to the sand for @tjsingh, we were under way. 

I have said it before that we still remember our first day out in the sand, and the terror/excitement/fun of that first drive, taking the car to places that we could not imagine. Seeing/hearing first timers, absolute newbies on this first drive brings back all those memories. While new to Carnity, it was clear that @Heisem has driven before. 

With @Yousef Alimadadi as 2nd lead for the first time and @tjsingh sweeping we set off as centre forward for the drive hoping for more benign conditions than we faced in the morning. I find it interesting that the sand in two deserts 50km maximum apart can be so different. 

Everything went swimmingly well until TJ started having overheating problems with the car. @Gaurav asked if we could lead the convoy for as long as it took to get TJ safely exited from the sand and return - to which we glady agreed. 

I really like team work and here was another great example. @Jeepie taking on the challenge, @Veedooshee giving up the driving seat to let Fewbie @Anish S take up sweep and the rest of the convoy, @VipinShetty and @Biju Abdul slipping into place to make the change easier and safer to handle. 

Once Gaurav returned (and @Veedooshee sweeping with Anish assisting by her side), we continued on our way until, with the light fading, we exited. 

For some, this might not have been the most exciting or challenging of drives ever - for the absolute newbies, it probably was: and that's how it should be. No matter how much experience you have, there's always something you can learn from being on a drive - and sometime more on a drive you think will be 'easy' than one you know will be more of a challenge. 

See you soon in the sand. 

It was certainly exciting for myself and @Lisa Pemberton can't wait to go again! Thanks to all for their patience and encouragement. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

10 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

The One For Newbies

Second trip out of the day, and a change of position and perspective. As I had led the Fewbie drive in the morning @Jeepie took driving resposibility. We intended to switch at some stage ... but that's another story.

With an Absolute Newbie drive, it takes longer to get going. For people who have never ventured off road before, understanding all the informaiton, buying all the kit, understadning what needs to be done once you arrive can add to the excitement. So, having helped @Lisa Pemberton and @Siobhan to deflate and remove the necessary switches and fuses, a good briefing by @Gaurav and a welcome back to the sand for @tjsingh, we were under way. 

I have said it before that we still remember our first day out in the sand, and the terror/excitement/fun of that first drive, taking the car to places that we could not imagine. Seeing/hearing first timers, absolute newbies on this first drive brings back all those memories. While new to Carnity, it was clear that @Heisem has driven before. 

With @Yousef Alimadadi as 2nd lead for the first time and @tjsingh sweeping we set off as centre forward for the drive hoping for more benign conditions than we faced in the morning. I find it interesting that the sand in two deserts 50km maximum apart can be so different. 

Everything went swimmingly well until TJ started having overheating problems with the car. @Gaurav asked if we could lead the convoy for as long as it took to get TJ safely exited from the sand and return - to which we glady agreed. 

I really like team work and here was another great example. @Jeepie taking on the challenge, @Veedooshee giving up the driving seat to let Fewbie @Anish S take up sweep and the rest of the convoy, @VipinShetty and @Biju Abdul slipping into place to make the change easier and safer to handle. 

Once Gaurav returned (and @Veedooshee sweeping with Anish assisting by her side), we continued on our way until, with the light fading, we exited. 

For some, this might not have been the most exciting or challenging of drives ever - for the absolute newbies, it probably was: and that's how it should be. No matter how much experience you have, there's always something you can learn from being on a drive - and sometime more on a drive you think will be 'easy' than one you know will be more of a challenge. 

See you soon in the sand. 

Fantastic write up. Yes it was a well organized ride. I have learned a few things such as to be patient when we are idle, steady steering while coming down, keeping the right momentum at all times,  and I am glad that I did all by myself first time (deflate, place flag, use of compressor to inflate).

Thanks to second lead wrangled (I didn’t catch their names sorry) for guiding me to unpack and use my compressor first time after buying.

in short, I believe all of us newbies would have come out of the fear of getting our cars down the dunes and also improved our grip on steering after this ride. I have a feeling that off road rides help us gain more grip and comfort handling our cars when we hit on road too, anyone agrees?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use