•  

Workshop to install a switch to turn off ABS for an FJ Cruiser

marks

Hi All-

I'm relatively new to the club but taking a shine to all the excellent trip leaders and members so far. 

During my drives, and when on 4H on my 2014 FJ cruiser, my ABS is not off. I was told i can install a switch to turn it off; any recommendations of trust worthy workshops that know what their doing to help with that? i live in Dubai, Down Town Area, so somewhere close would be ideal (but not necessary).

Thanks in advance.

• Like (+1) 4

Hello,

Good topic actually ABS i noticed is completely off when you put it in 4L and with difflock engaged. Otherwise its on by default. 

Not sure if this will help you but my drive got considerably better when I discovered that when in 4H and stopped, you can hold down traction control off button for 5 sec it will completely disable vehicle stability control system and traction control. It will stay off even if you put it back to 2 wheel drive, (good for donuts). Thats on 2013 FJ model not sure about the others. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks Heisem. yes I was taught that 5 second traction control button trick early on, and it makes a huge difference. but i want to take it to the next level and switch off the ABS. ABS keeps kicking in on my drives, and was told either to remove the fuse for it (which was not recommended) or put a kill switch in (which is what i am asking about here).

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use