•  
Advertise here

Jeep Wrangler TJ overheating - New day new story

image.png

I have even gone to the extent of doing a decibel test before and after and it hardly made any noise difference.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

If by direct you mean the clutch is jammed and spins with the same rpm as the engine does all the time then it I s a bad idea regardless. 

I've had vehicles before that had this band aid hack on them aboslutely terrible. Wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

And don't mind if I go with a car manufacturer who has spent billions on R&D by trained engineers over Mr Gaurav weekend warrior research and data.

A properly working fan is more than enough. It's thermally activated  regardless of speed. So even if you are going fast in the desert and under hood temps get high it kicks into action. 

If you must go that root then get rid of it all together and put a couple off Kenlowes on it with a indash switch.

You will actually gain more power this way. Car will be a lot smoother and quieter too. 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, desertdude said:

A properly working fan is more than enough.

Agree and I never denied that.

Read again my earlier post

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Great, while at workshop ask them to do the radiator clutch fan direct as that will help a lot, as in aged cars many times viscose clutch doesn't engage in right time and keep turning fan at half the rpm when engine need better cooling at full rpm (as per actual design of clutch).

A mechanic here will reach to this 500-1000 dhs fan change after changing 20,000 dhs worth of parts,

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

And this thing is almost impossible to trace by the many mechanic here. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

Agree and I never denied that.

Read again my earlier post

Then the right course of action is to replace the clutch. Not lock it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just now, desertdude said:

Then the right course of action is to replace the clutch. Not lock it.

Only if you can shed light to 100% prove whether clutch is culprit or not?

Not that newspaper test or hand movement test, as its one way test, to test its running at half RPM.

I mean how will you make sure its engaging at right thermal point as designed 15 years back and not half an hour later?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Only if you can shed light to 100% prove whether clutch is culprit or not?

Not that newspaper test or hand movement test, as its one way test, to test its running at half RPM.

I mean how will you make sure its engaging at right thermal point as designed 15 years back and not half an hour later?

A new clutch will work as it's supposed to. 

If you have a fan clutch that is 15 years old and you are bashing your car off road. Then you have bigger problems than just your fan.

And in this scenario this discussion is moot anyways. Since it's happening at highway-ish speeds where the fan has no role to play in engine cooling

• Like (+1) 2

@Gaurav @desertdude ohh i changed my tires from HT to AT and slightly bigger on same rim size 15  can it be a cause overheating,  initially on last monday I sent my car to Garage for gas charging only next day I was informed I need radiator flushing and coolant renewal which I allowed friday morning when I started driving found temperature going more and saturday car again in Garrage after installation of additional cooling fan for ac condensor  Car still getting hot ask mechanic for fan fixing but he has other ideas, so today I shifted my car to another garrage he is checking will revert with findings he agrees with Viscose clutch fan direct ing and said this is the best proven solution in dessert.  anyway awaiting his findinding

• Like (+1) 1

If there were no issues with the engine running hot before the coolant change, then the problem is almost certainly related to poor coolant circulation caused by improper purging of air from the cooling system. I would have this looked at first before anything else, but under no circumstances would I lock the fan.  

• Like (+1) 2

@treks I made amistake I didnt check anything and handed over car to mechanic who flushed and refilled coolant but the heating remain same plus the AC gas disapeared and started suggesting me to do different modifications, I shifted my car to another mechanic as per him radiator is blocked due improper flushing and thermostatic valve not working, By today evening he will give me detail report , lets see  .Personally belive if thermostatc valve working proper no harm in locking the fan 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, syed salman raza said:

@treks I made amistake I didnt check anything and handed over car to mechanic who flushed and refilled coolant but the heating remain same plus the AC gas disapeared and started suggesting me to do different modifications, I shifted my car to another mechanic as per him radiator is blocked due improper flushing and thermostatic valve not working, By today evening he will give me detail report , lets see  .Personally belive if thermostatc valve working proper no harm in locking the fan 

Flushing is pointless, might as well hit your radiator with a sandal and ask it to behave. Flushing is basically to maintain your radiator not fix it when it's clogged.

Personally even rodding it has not worked long for me. Only real fix is to replace it 

And while you are at it throw away your thermostat. I know people will make a ruckus about it but here where its always this hot it does nothing  other than create another point of failure you have to worry about

• Like (+1) 3