•  
Advertise here

Jeep Wrangler TJ overheating - New day new story

It's really difficult for me to understand how this problem came about. The vehicle went is for a radiator replacement, and now the PCM is not working? All I can say is that I have removed, rebuilt, and reinstalled many Jeep engines, radiators, and transmissions in my time, and never once have I either destroyed a PCM or any control module in the process, or found that some control module "just stopped working" after a repair.   

It just does not seem right or possible for the mechanic to claim  that the PCM is now faulty after a simple radiator replacement, unless he purposely destroyed it, so if I were in the OP's position, I would sue the shit out of both the mechanic, and if he works for someone, his employer as well.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

3 minutes ago, treks said:

It's really difficult for me to understand how this problem came about. The vehicle went is for a radiator replacement, and now the PCM is not working? All I can say is that I have removed, rebuilt, and reinstalled many Jeep engines, radiators, and transmissions in my time, and never once have I either destroyed a PCM or any control module in the process, or found that some control module "just stopped working" after a repair.   

It just does not seem right or possible for the mechanic to claim  that the PCM is now faulty after a simple radiator replacement, unless he purposely destroyed it, so if I were in the OP's position, I would sue the shit out of both the mechanic, and if he works for someone, his employer as well.    

I agree. I was thinking by myself maybe the guy did some welding or quick fix while he was replacing the radiator and did not bother to remove the - terminal ? Just my guess..

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, syed salman raza said:

Finally bring my TJ 2005 back home without success ,PCM faulty need replacement old available in scrap market having different number and without gurantee, trying to arrange from USA

Did you bring it back after all this without taking the quackanic to task?? Sorry to say but you have to be shrude with these people who take customers/clients for a ride 🙃!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

8 hours ago, sertac said:

Have you take the car Barry as well? 

Nope I didn’t touch it but I would love to know the diagnostic process they followed to come to the conclusion that the PCM is faulty. Not saying it isn’t faulty but I would be even more interested to hear how this happened from a simple radiator change. My guess is that somehow or other the mechanic managed to short something out. Maybe working on the car with the ignition turned on and touched a metal tool somewhere it wasn’t supposed to touch. Who knows, it’s just speculation. 

@syed salman raza Any chance you could post a copy of the diagnostic report for us to analyse? Mechanic should have given you one. 

@Frederic that’s a good topic to discuss. I’ve heard a lot of different opinions from a lot of different welders on it. Some say it’s ok, some say you will fry the battery, some say even if you disconnect both battery terminals the PCM is still connected to the frame by a metal bolt so it will still get spiked. I’ve been working on cars for many years but I don’t like to make experiments with other peoples cars so I can’t answer to these different situations. One welder friend told me once to leave the battery connected and put a protection device on the battery terminals. I bought one and I’ve always done that and never had any issues welding on a car. But who knows, welding isn’t one of my strong points. 

• Like (+1) 5

@sertac yes I took the car to him but he is doing only software my pcm hardware problem so now trying to procure from USA

@berry workshop handed over PCM to third party no reports and nobody taking responsibility that day when I checked with you ,I called the guy he told me he repaired PCM for some fault when I checked found it in loose condition, now I put the car at home awaiting new PCM plug n play lets see once I received will update 

@treks definately he made a short circut or maybe PCM was old and TJ have a generic pcm problem, anyway now we have to fix it to get the car moving

@Chaitanya D I gave him benifit of doubt or ahuman error, This is the blessing month so forgive and move.

Edited by syed salman raza
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, syed salman raza said:

@treks definately he made a short circut or maybe PCM was old and TJ have a generic pcm problem, anyway now we have to fix it to get the car moving

@Chaitanya D I gave him benifit of doubt or ahuman error, This is the blessing month so forgive and move.

Good things happen to people with Good deeds. Hope your car is sorted soon.

• Like (+1) 1