•  

Tyre suggestion for off-road and daily driver

RohanH

Mastercraft Courser AXT

My review after 10.000km usage:

- Compared to H/T tires more noise on the road, acceptable.

- Can go easily to 10 psi, didn’t try lower. No issues, hard core off-roading, sliding, wadis, till now no pop-outs/ cracks.

- I found them quite heavy compared to my H/T, but my H/T were 285/60 18, the Mastercrafts 285/70 17. I feel difference in performance, need a bit more momentum on dunes.

- Same company as coopers, same quality control. Price difference is probably to cover marketing costs for Cooper.

- Looks cool

EE9D8357-22CD-4104-9079-B4382777A414.jpeg

• Like (+1) 6

• 3 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 1:06 PM, Wrangeld said:

@RohanHIf you find any geolondar A-T/S, please let me know. Have only been able to find the A-T in the market recently. Can vouch that it is a great type, but difficult to get hold of (in the size I need). 

@Wrangeld I do not know your car tyre size. 235/70/R16 in ATS is available in tyre express ras al khor in enoc petrol station.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...

The Xterra that i will be taking for RTA passing on Saturday currently has 265 /70R16 tyres.

But we (my self & current owner) suspect it will not pass the Test.

Thus, i need to change the tyres before that. Have narrowed down on Geolandars AT G015.

In your opinion should i go for 275.?

Also between profile of 60-65-75 which is better.?
@Chaitanya D  @Rahimdad kindly advice.

& Any recommendations for tyre dealership near Al Quoz..?

• Like (+1) 2

Normally the stock tyre is the largest tyre that can fit without rubbing at full turns. 

The aspect ratio of 60/65/75 is dependent on the rim size. 16 inch rims is a good size to fit an off-road tyre, and Genolandar AT is a very good option.

If you want a good pricing you need to visit Sharjah. Prices in Dubai might be on the he higher side.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Hardik ModyGet the higher profile tires that fit your rims without rubbing the fenders as that helps best on sand , else you will need  melt modor some other alteration for the plastic lining to push it in. 265 or 275/70-75 R16 would be best , though the difference between 70 and 75 is marginal. (Refer pic below)I suppose the options in AT for 75 profile are lesser in market

Screenshot_20210121-235008_OneDrive.jpg.19b5d1431f1b4f698cd8387d626c37f5.jpg

You will not go wrong with Yoko G015 AT, provided you are driving on sand only. Side walls are a bit soft for wadis. On road they are very good with less noise 

You will get tons of valuable info on this link

https://www.thenewx.org/threads/tire-options.4645/

Tire Options | Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (thenewx.org)

We do not support any dealer/ Garages directly by taking names. If you can get them at an authorized Yokohama dealer it will be perfect without any hassles, the prices when I bought were comparable outside and at the Yoko dealer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use