•  

Tyre suggestion for off-road and daily driver

RohanH

16 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Good remark @Lorenzo Candelpergher, the issue you have is that your tyres are low-profile, which are good for on-road, but due to the small sidewall not that good for offroad and deflation. Most of our members with low-profile tyres later on changed to an offroad tyre with bigger side-wall, and/or a smaller rim. This makes sure that even on 12 psi you won't be hitting the rims.

In the winter you can easily drive at 16-18psi due to the sand being much more harder, in the summer you'll indeed need to use lots and lots of power to pull you though the terrain because of slippage as you are not floating on the sand.

@Frederic Is it ok to use off road tyre if we are using the same car as we are using the same car for daily use as well.  Which one will be good tyre in this case.

46 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

My mistake - you did, indeed sign up early. Revised. 

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, RohanH said:

@Frederic Is it ok to use off road tyre if we are using the same car as we are using the same car for daily use as well.  Which one will be good tyre in this case.

Thank you.

Hi Rohan, yes absolutely. I have on both my car and Vanessa her car Yokohama Geolandar which performs great offroad, and is comfortable and silent on-road as well.

Stay away from the very aggressive patterns like BF Goodrich, as these will create road noise.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

7 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi Rohan, yes absolutely. I have on both my car and Vanessa her car Yokohama Geolandar AT/S which performs great offroad, and is comfortable and silent on-road as well.

Stay away from the very aggressive patterns like BF Goodrich, as these will create road noise.

@RohanHIf you find any geolondar A-T/S, please let me know. Have only been able to find the A-T in the market recently. Can vouch that it is a great type, but difficult to get hold of (in the size I need). 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

@RohanHIf you find any geolondar A-T/S, please let me know. Have only been able to find the A-T in the market recently. Can vouch that it is a great type, but difficult to get hold of (in the size I need). 

@Wrangeld I have searched atleast 10 + tyre stores , and could not find it. Everyone says it's out of stock /discontinued and even the same answer from dealer. (Juma Majid Yokohama)

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

I have the AT-S G012 on the little Pajero, while @Vanessa8580 has the AT-G015 model. Both perform very well.

https://monotukuru.com/yokohama-geolandar-a-t-g015-vs-geolandar-a-t-s-g012/

Like this article mentions, the G012 looks little bit softer when driving/cornering.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chaitanya D said:

@Wrangeld I have searched atleast 10 + tyre stores , and could not find it. Everyone says it's out of stock /discontinued and even the same answer from dealer. (Juma Majid Yokohama)

They’ve discontinued it , the new A/T Model supersedes it.

even if you get a dealer selling the ATS be careful, as it will be an old tyre and worse still it may not be authentic 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

6 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

They’ve discontinued it , the new A/T Model supersedes it.

even if you get a dealer selling the ATS be careful, as it will be an old tyre and worse still it may not be authentic 

Absolutely agree with you because very difficult to make out fake ones . Better buy the ones from genuine dealers with warranty, 

@Kalahari recently had a tyre issue on one of the drives, was it replaced under warranty?

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

When purchasing my last Geolanders, a shop in Al Quoz was pushing me towards Mastercraft Courser tyres, which are a side-brand from Cooper. I was hesitant as the price seemed attractive but never heard of the brand. Later on i saw @Xaf having them on the Landcruiser if i remember correctly.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Frederic said:

When purchasing my last Geolanders, a shop in Al Quoz was pushing me towards Mastercraft Courser tyres, which are a side-brand from Cooper. I was hesitant as the price seemed attractive but never heard of the brand. Later on i saw @Xaf having them on the Landcruiser if i remember correctly.

I have the Mastercraft Courser 315s - worked fine for me

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use