•  

COVID19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 17 Jul 2020

Shamil

2 minutes ago, Jorge Stepniak Felippe said:

Dear @Shamil and @Frederic, I really hate to do this, but just got a call from my boss and will need to work today because we are in a time critical transaction :(

my deepest apologies. I was really looking forward to a small group drive today, enjoy!

Jorge

Thanks for informing @Jorge Stepniak Felippe these things happen. See you soon in the sands !

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

13 minutes ago, Anish S said:

Hello @Gregory Perkin, please do show up for the drive, else am stuck between two Marshals 🤪. The pressure is building up 😉

Haha I'll be there. You will look like a superhero next to me

• Haha (+1) 7

Very well done by the entire crew on this drive, we bumped up the level a bit at the end by riding some ridges in the dark, but all did amazing!!

We all took turns trying to conquer Faya  and everyone supported each other via the radio and cheered for the people who made it up. Proud to see such family and supportive atmosphere ❤️

@Shamil your drive on the first part was great, with a good pace and in good communication with your second lead. Sorry about your car letting you down, I hope it can be resolved without too much issues. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

The Most Fun, Thrilling and Challenging Drive

Today we were a small and fantastic group which was a great opportunity to push ourselves to embrace the new challenges. It was very technical and tricky terrain especially to Faya. @Shamil our lead did a fabulous job, i was very surprised to see how he had a perfect balance in the drive with lots of challenges and loads of fun too. It was a pleasure to be the second lead where i could closely keep an eye of how the leader drives and try to do the same. Half-way to the drive, unfortunately there was a technical issue with our leader's car.

The second half of the drive in Faya was taken to another level by @Frederic where we had ample chances to practice and work on our skills on a different terrain. I had one or two refusals which was a good lesson to learn from and which will only make me a better driver. Luckily, because of such an amazing team and lead we did not use any tow rope or shovel. It was also nice to experience the last part of night drive.

Lastly, a big thanks to our sweep @Vanessa8580 for keeping the team together all the way. Both the Pajeros and the Wranglers performed well, @Gregory Perkin was flying his Jeep smoothly... Thank you @E.C. TAN for joining us this afternoon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use